Pitt Game

Discussion in 'Vols Football' started by yont sum iss?, Sep 1, 2022.

1. yont sum iss?

yont sum iss? Contributor

Pitt is currently in a brawl with WVU. Trailing 31-24 in the 4th. WVU has sacked them 5 times. How you feeling?

2. IP

IP Super Moderator

4th and 1 and take the delay? Cowardly.

3. ptclaus98

ptclaus98 Contributor

I don't feel great about their DL vs our OL. Our DL also needs to get pressure

4. yont sum iss?

WVU just handed them a pick 6 and probably the game.

justingroves likes this.
  5. IP

IP Super Moderator

Gave it away. Remember that 4th and 1 at the middle of the field, up 7. Should have went for it.

6. IP

IP Super Moderator

[uck fay] these announcers, I think that was a catch.

7. yont sum iss?

I would take so much joy in beating this team that doesn’t even have their own stadium.

8. IP

IP Super Moderator

Seating will be at a premium in West Virginia this weekend.

9. IP

IP Super Moderator

Why oh why didn't they go for it on 4th and 1?

10. Ssmiff

Ssmiff Went to the White House...Again

Concerned about our PA game vs Pitt. Hooker will need to get rid of the ball or get moving quicker. Pitt DL disrupts at the snap and they blitz twist an lb quite often

TennTradition likes this.
  11. OneForVol

OneForVol Well-Known Member

We will win by 2 TDS.

NorrisAlan likes this.
  12. Volokie

Volokie Active Member

Watching WV against Pitt it seems to me we’re similar to WV, and if we get sharpened up in the next 8 days and clean up the sloppy we should win by double digits. We absolutely need a better pass rush against Pitt. After this game we’ll know if we can punch with the gators in Gainesville.

VolDad likes this.
  13. justingroves

justingroves supermod

I didn't see anything that makes me think Pitt is better than Tennessee. Slovis isn't Pickett.

14. IP

IP Super Moderator

WV had them but choked. 4th and 1 with 5 left and up a score at midfield with a big back. You go for that. That was being scared, to punt. Get that first and you are getting into fg game to go up 10 with less than 4 minutes left. Fail to get it and you are no worse off than punting.

15. Tar Volon

Tar Volon Me Blog @RockyTopTalk.com

Didn’t watch, but the box score sure makes it look like Pitt’s OL struggled. I felt like we had them on both lines last year and got badly outdueled at the QB position. If we have them on both lines again this year, we’ll probably win, possibly by a lot.

16. justingroves

justingroves supermod

It was an ugly game

17. Volgrad98

Volgrad98 Contributor

As of today, I think we beat Pitt.

18. JT5

JT5 Super Moderator

If we’re ever gonna turn the corner and get back to being a top 15 program again, these are the games we’ve gotta win.

A loss at Pitt is just more of the same old mediocre shit.

And that’s not a criticism of Heupel, necessarily. But you’re not going to lose this game and get to 9 regular season wins.

19. A-Smith

A-Smith Chieftain

If we lose to Pitt then Heupel will *eventually* get fired. Not an earth-shattering prediction there I know. But if he is a great coach we aren't losing this game.

HCKevinSteele and NorrisAlan like this.
  20. IP

IP Super Moderator

My head agrees but I think I am afraid to have to face it.

Tar Volon and hohenfelsvol like this.