Pitt Game

Discussion in 'Vols Football' started by yont sum iss?, Sep 1, 2022.

1. zehr27

zehr27 8th's VIP

No Mitchell for Pitt. Really was hoping he would be available.

2. chavisut

chavisut Dan Mullen Fan Club President

41-31 Vols

3. A-Smith

A-Smith Chieftain

Sounds about right

4. zehr27

zehr27 8th's VIP

We lose close again. Pat is one of the few that understands how to defend Heupel's offense.

5. ole_orange

ole_orange Board Simp

Univ. of Texas's lawyers are drawing up a cease and desist letter as we speak.

6. juicemane

juicemane Member

He must be a hell of a coach to make Milton over throw all those wide open receivers.

OneForVol, NorrisAlan and utvol0427 like this.
  7. PilotFlyingJ

PilotFlyingJ Chieftain

Narduzzi has def faced it more than others but I believe Saturday will be an afternoon he'll be glad to put behind him.

TDVol1989 and zehr27 like this.
  8. Ssmiff

Ssmiff Went to the White House...Again

He was there last year when we shoulda been up 21-0 if we don’t overthrow

9. zehr27

zehr27 8th's VIP

Maybe he knew Milton wasn't a threat to make those throws. If so it worked out pretty well for him.

10. JohnnyQuickkick

JohnnyQuickkick Calcio correspondent

I mean, I doubt “just let ‘em run wide open” is a strategy any defensive coach ever adheres to but I’m not one

PilotFlyingJ and utvol0427 like this.
  11. zehr27

zehr27 8th's VIP

When you know the QB is going to over shoot them by 20 yards it seems ok. Not sure you just let them run wide open everywhere but maybe worry less about the deep ball.

12. JT5

JT5 Super Moderator

QB is easily the most important position on the field, and ours is accurate, experienced, under control, good decision-maker.

We have a real advantage in the most critical piece of the game.

I get that we’re a battered and beaten fan base, just waiting for this new guy to slap us around like the last 4 guys…but all the evidence suggests otherwise.

I’m not crowning Heupel and calling for championships, but I’m willing to believe he’s good enough to win at freaking Pitt. And I expect him to.

Vols 35
    Pitt 27

PilotFlyingJ, Memtownvol, IP and 3 others like this.
  13. OneForVol

OneForVol Well-Known Member

Beginning of the week I thought 42-31, but now I’m thinking 49-24. I know West Virginia was a rivalry game, but that is a very average team and Pitt struggled to beat them. I think we can run wild on them and if we do that the passing game will open up like the Red Sea.

14. NorrisAlan

NorrisAlan Founder of the Mike Honcho Fan Club

Vols 48
    Pitt 30

IP likes this.
  15. TDVol1989

TDVol1989 Always Be Menstruating

Vols 38
    ArmPitt 23

PilotFlyingJ likes this.
  16. lumberjack4

lumberjack4 Chieftain

I think its gonna be close. 34-28 good guys

17. IP

IP Super Moderator

There's a chance that there are some significant tells on pitt's offense that if ut coaches have noticed, will improve the vols' chances. Also, they have to know pitt will press the outside wr's and take away the screens. Surely they have a plan to exploit that.

I think this could get tilted a few scores in the vols' favor as likely as the vols actually losing. I expect a win.

18. IP

IP Super Moderator

To elaborate, pitt passes or rpo's out of 11 sets like 90% of the time and the oc has a history of this. Similarly, they use a lot of heavy sets exclusively for runs. They tip their hand clearly.

19. InVolNerable

InVolNerable Fark Master Flex

I'm guessing you've forgotten about Sal Sunseri.

VOLinDAWGland and zehr27 like this.
  20. NorrisAlan

NorrisAlan Founder of the Mike Honcho Fan Club

So had I till just now.

Thanks.

A lot

InVolNerable likes this.