Possible Move To Maryville

Discussion in 'The Thunderdome' started by GahLee, Apr 30, 2018.

1. lylsmorr

lylsmorr Super Moderator

It’s ridiculous for the amount of people that live there

2. JohnnyQuickkick

JohnnyQuickkick Calcio correspondent

how bout the guy who got the truck stuck under the overpass

3. smokysbark

smokysbark Chieftain

I don't know how y'all can take that traffic. Maybe it's just because I live in a town of 2,000 people and I'm not seasoned enough but I would have ulcers.

4. The Dooz

The Dooz Super Moderator

My boss would like to move from an MCS home to another MCS home (with 3 kids already in the system) and can’t because everything she see is instantly gone.

I think she’s resigned to buying a lot and building.

5. smokysbark

smokysbark Chieftain

Did they ever figure out if he was off route when that happened? I heard a lot of folks say that the dispatchers never route those types of loads through that area and he must have been off his route.

6. Volst53

Volst53 Super Moderator

That's going to cost out the ass too. My wife's doctor was [itch bay]ing about how much the cost of building there was. It was over 150 a square foot.

7. justingroves

justingroves supermod

The guy hauling a dump truck in Nashville? He didn't have a permit, he routed himself.

smokysbark likes this.
  8. justingroves

justingroves supermod

I get into Nashville at 6 am and leave by 1 or 2.

9. NorrisAlan

NorrisAlan Founder of the Mike Honcho Fan Club

Boy, that must have ended up being a bad day and bad days after that as well.

10. VolDad

VolDad Super Moderator

IMO, 9 times out of 10 the idiot drivers have a cell phone in hand. And for some reason they act like their cell phone only works in the far left lane.

JayVols likes this.
  11. volfanjo

volfanjo Chieftain

It isn't for everyone, but of the three communities I lived in in Knox County area, by far I liked Gibbs/ Millertown Pike area the best. Quiet, easy commute to downtown, Target isn't crowded, safe distance away from Card. Haven't seen the area in three or four years so maybe it has grown, but if we moved back that's where I'd build.

NYY and lylsmorr like this.
  12. Joseph Brant

Joseph Brant Airbrush Aficionado

The worst traffic I've been in since I moved down here was no worse than my day to day through Hartford, and that was due to a demolition derby on the bypass.

All relative I guess.

13. NYY

NYY Super Moderator

I’m going to be flying to Boston in the next few months to catch a Sox series. I’ll be contacting you for tips.

14. JohnnyQuickkick

tbh Alcoa hwy doesn’t bother me too much except for the aforementioned construction area. Sometimes the airport area is bad but it doesn’t usually bother me.

From about Gov John Sevier hwy almost to UT it’s bad. And a wreck stops everything

15. justingroves

justingroves supermod

I'm glad I had nothing to do with it

16. NorrisAlan

Bet they [uck fay]ed him with a [penis] big enough for an elephant to feel it.

17. lylsmorr

lylsmorr Super Moderator

Take the light rail everywhere. Avoid 95 and 93 like the plague. Fenway area has a lot, especially around Boston University. Sit on the green monster at least one of the games. Back Bay seemed the hipster area but some good restaurants. Prudential Center area has a metric crap ton of stuff to do. Quincy Market has good food. Sam Adams Brewery

JohnnyQuickkick likes this.
  18. JohnnyQuickkick

There’s a website where you can check your seat view @ Fenway too, I can’t remember it but it helped me not get a seat behind a pole

19. NorrisAlan

Racist.

lylsmorr likes this.
  20. NYY

NYY Super Moderator

Very helpful. I’ve been to Fenway once before. And I don’t know where seats will be yet as they’re free... but I would assume they won’t be on the Monster.