Posters sports background

Discussion in 'The Thunderdome' started by NEW COACH, Nov 1, 2012.

1. RoadTrip

RoadTrip New Member

Pre-HS: Baseball, football, basketball, tennis, golf, bowling

HS: Baseball, football. Dayton (OH) Journal Herald All Area Football First Team OG ('71). All conference in both multiple times. Have something in common with Gruden - have at least posed for photos as a football player on the Dayton Flyers football field. LOL!

College; D-1 Baseball (Arky State) for a couple years.

Bowler for a dozen years. Came in 4th overall, first in doubles, in the city (Knoxville) amateur tournament in mid-90s. High series 781. High game 278.

Today: 6 handicap golfer, occasional tennis

Volunteer coach various times for baseball, football and golf teams from Little League through HS.

With all that am a lifelong, orange blooded Vol. Invited walk-on by Battle in 1972, which I declined obviously. My sister was a majorette in '78. Dad was an alum.

Last edited: Nov 1, 2012
  2. Indy

Indy Pronoun Analyst

I feel like I participated in something along those lines (PPK). I had the kicking on lock but I messed my arm up pitching at a young age, so I can't throw very far.

3. chavisut

chavisut Dan Mullen Fan Club President

Played football. If I knew I was gonna top at at 5'10 175in HS I would have went the kicker route. I got to where I was consistent from 40 in as a freshman.

4. chavisut

Kinda ironic. You know, since you were tackled by a kicker.

5. Joseph Brant

Joseph Brant Airbrush Aficionado

Hockey and Baseball through HS. I was slightly above mediocre at both. Occasional emergency player for a men's league hockey club now. Hoping to get into a wood bat league in the spring.

6. chavisut

I'm seriously considering picking up rugby. Anybody ever played?

7. lylsmorr

lylsmorr Super Moderator

Get ready to get the f beat out of you on a daily basis. Had a friend play for a year or two and here is what he got: 2 concussions, brain injury, hand/eye injuries.

8. wildnkrazykat

wildnkrazykat Well-Known Member

I have a friend (female) who was/is a rugby player. Whole different breed right there.

9. OrangeEmpire

OrangeEmpire Take a chance, Custer did

Kat was a dancer at UK and a Thoroughbabe when the Thoroughblades Hockey team was in Lexington.

10. chavisut

Yeah, crazy. I dunno if it would be worth it. I've had a concussion once.

11. woodshed

woodshed Active Member

In high school I played football (rb/lb) and baseball (cf). Played D3 in football. I got the unenviable task of covering Von Reeves when he played for Austin East.

12. Gator H8R

Gator H8R Member

Basketball was always my sport until Jr high. Come jr high tryouts, I was easily in the top 3 best player on the floor, if not the best. Played basketball my whole life. Low and behold the most hated gym teacher i had in grade school (when I say hate, i mean pure, raw hate between this guy and me. I might have been a little bastard, i dont know) got a job at the jr high and was assistant coach. He handled the first cuts and I never made it past that day. ****in asshole. I probably could have played college ball. End rant.

Played DE and lettered 2 years in high school while never playing football til my sophmore year.

13. BearCat204

BearCat204 Chieftain

Glad to see you here

14. DynaVol

DynaVol Member

I wasn't allowed to play organized football, so I went with basketball until I shredded my ACL and dislocated the fibula with it for good measure.

15. Oldvol75

Oldvol75 Super Bigfoot Guru Mod

Jr. High 3 years (7,8,9)
    HS, 3 years, All-confrence as a JR.
    Senior: All-Confrence 1st team, Nashville Tennesseean All_Mid State 1st team,1st team All State, Nashville Banner, All_Mid State 1st team,1st Team All State, Memphis Press Sentenial All Southern 1st team, Orlando Press Sentenial All Southern, 1st Team, Coach and Athlete Magazine Top 100, All-American.
    Church league softball
    Pro wrestling.

16. hohenfelsvol

hohenfelsvol Beer run

Nice résumé. You're the man!

17. lylsmorr

lylsmorr Super Moderator

Show off

18. WM

WM Active Member

I'm surprised no one has made that into a gif so I can use it as a sig.

19. WM

WM Active Member

Football (TE) started jr and sr seasons..Basketball (backup pf) and singles play in tennis.

20. chavisut

Dooley as Indy, Gruden as kicker imo