Preaseason press conference at 11 a.m. today

Discussion in 'Vols Football' started by Vols kick balls, Jul 31, 2013.

1. limpleg

limpleg He gone. No, really.

I thought he was their team captain and leader, but I could be off base on that.
    It just sounds like it was a rough season all around.

2. kptvol

kptvol Super Moderator

You have listed one fact that so far hasn't been verified.

3. woodshed

woodshed Active Member

Lady Vol Blue Jerseys, orange numbers outlined in white, with a pink sash. If they are gonna tackle like girls, they might as well look like girls.

4. limpleg

look at his bio. That's where I got it from.

5. kptvol

kptvol Super Moderator

Meh. They did alright in a statistic that involves an algebraic formula with several multipliers and four variables. The unmanipulated statistics were not impressive that season and were actually not as good as 2009.

6. limpleg

well, whatever it was, they won their conference as well

7. kptvol

kptvol Super Moderator

Not exactly a rare occurence for the Sooners.

8. limpleg

do you realize that you discount everything that may be a positive from his background? At least I'm able to look at the positive and the negative and acknowledge both.

9. JayVols

JayVols Walleye Catchin' Moderator

Good one.

10. Vespid

Vespid Member

I don't think one can deny that the secondaries coached by Willie Martinez were poor at best if one looks at his entire body of work. I would like to know how much of his lack of success can be attributed to the defensive coordinator that calls the defensive signals. Having watched Sal call a cover one on a third down and forever situation sure woke me the hell up. A better pass rush, improved communications, Randolph back, etc equates to an improved secondary regardless of who is the DB coach.

11. kptvol

kptvol Super Moderator

I've said about 10,000 times he is a good recruiter.

Forgive me if I'm not falling all over myself for a guy that managed to take over a decent defense and keep it from sucking for one season. And that Sooner championship had an awful lot to do with their offense. Go back and look at the scores from that season. Lots of shutouts against scrubs.

12. kptvol

kptvol Super Moderator

And spare me the fairness lecture. I discount his minuscule success because it is easily discounted. You ignore mountains of ineptitude because that's just what you do-oley.

13. IP

IP Super Moderator

[​IMG]

14. A-Smith

A-Smith Chieftain

Kind of surprised this has gone on for multiple days/pages.

15. IP

IP Super Moderator

It is a really difficult thing to predict which threads will catch on fire. They're like dry mulch beds in July.

16. JayVols

JayVols Walleye Catchin' Moderator

Oooh shit.....

17. limpleg

Clarify again for me when I said do-oley was the coach to take us to championships. I'll wait. Just post one post or comment from me on any site and I'll never post again here. If you didn't have inaccuracy or exaggeration to toy with, you would have nothing to post.
    And nice objectivity displayed again on your part above. Discount the positive and call championships miniscule success, even the 2 at Ga and highly ranked defenses while there. Then point the finger at someone else that you say is ignoring "mountains of ineptitude", though I am not ignoring anything negative, and their are no "mountains".

18. OrangeEmpire

OrangeEmpire Take a chance, Custer did

This

19. IP

IP Super Moderator

Limpy, if we simply wanted to have you never post again we would have made that happen already. Not sure what effect your looking for out of that sort of dramatic ultimatum.

20. limpleg

who is we? Is there a team here? Can I be on it?
    It wasn't really a dramatic ultimatum. I figured a few posters would like me to leave. That along with being accused of exalting Dooley as the next great coach gives someone the opportunity to prove that I did such a thing and I will bid adieu. Either that, or stop acting and posting like I did.