President Obama coming to Pellissippi State

Discussion in 'The Thunderdome' started by NorrisAlan, Jan 5, 2015.

1. CardinalVol

CardinalVol Uncultured, non-diverse mod

Have no idea. Didn't live here. I'd probably just come Alcoa Hwy though.

2. CardinalVol

I've also really not said the first word about how inconvenienced I was. Just stating some facts. I wasn't overly inconvenienced at all. Sat at work, sent out a few emails I've not gotten around to, read a couple of articles, goofed around on Internet. Left at 6, picked up dinner, home at 645.

Actually think it's pretty neat anytime the president comes, regardless of party.

3. The Dooz

The Dooz Super Moderator

I do too. And with a little foresight, and by little mean almost nothing, it's easy to avoid the chaos that come with the vist.

4. IP

IP Super Moderator

I think it is neat Obama healed Kpt's patients for the weekend.

5. droski

droski Traffic Criminal

He comes to la at least 3-4 times a year. Bush came 1-2 times a year. Shuts down the entire city and the airport every time. It's ridiculous.

6. CardinalVol

Best I can recall, this is a sitting President's third visit here since 2000. I can see how there it would become annoying. Here, not so much.

7. kptvol

kptvol Super Moderator

You implying that my office being filled with paid employees but no paying patients doesn't mean I lose my ass?

8. IP

IP Super Moderator

I won't make light of your hardship anymore. If the same people are still coming eventually, are you really losing anything though? Are you turning people away on Monday because of it?

9. JayVols

JayVols Walleye Catchin' Moderator

Obama really does hate business.

10. kptvol

kptvol Super Moderator

Absolutely it still cuts into business profits. There are overhead expenses that must be paid every hour the office is open. So, suppose I need one hour to do a procedure. Well I'm now spending two hours on it. Thus, those costs double. And that's time I can't spend doing something else profitable (I.e. Turning people away). Keep in mind my overhead and a lot of this stuffis north of 60%.

So yeah, in the grand total of the whole year it isn't that big a deal. But it's something to keep in mind if you miss an appointment at a place and later think things are too expensive. Your missed appointment has increased the cost of doing business and was at least to some degree a factor when fees were set.

11. kptvol

kptvol Super Moderator

I don't care if the next president is the clone of Ronald Reagan. If he visits the area I hope he does it on a weekend.

12. JayVols

Sounds to me like a long weekend was in order.

13. kptvol

kptvol Super Moderator

Probably would have been with more notice. Would sort of suck for the employees, though. That's money they wouldn't get back. A lot of them live paycheck to paycheck or close to it and just spent a good chunk of change on the holidays. Would suck to spring a last second hit to their paycheck on them.

14. CardinalVol

Greedy bastard.

(Kidding)

15. IP

IP Super Moderator

Don't worry, I am one of those annoying bastards that hardly goes to the doctor, and when I do I am so bad off I don't dare miss the appointment.

16. kmf600

kmf600 Energy vampire

My recent shoulder issues agree with you. I put it off a little over a year thinking it'll eventually go away.

17. JayVols

True.

I always liked a day off though.

18. kptvol

kptvol Super Moderator

Did you try rubbing dirt on it?

19. kmf600

kmf600 Energy vampire

Kptvol, it hurts when I bend my wrist, like this.

What do you think it could be?

20. kptvol

kptvol Super Moderator

Seems like Ebola.