President Obama coming to Pellissippi State

Discussion in 'The Thunderdome' started by NorrisAlan, Jan 5, 2015.

1. droski

droski Traffic Criminal

I'm talking about the govt paying for these degrees. and that if that is happening then it should go to industries that desperately need people with that training. not ones with ample supply. if someone wants to go to school to learn how to be a basket weaver, it's no skin off my back. I just don't want to have to pay for it. it's not as though these type of colleges are generally that expensive anyway.

2. rbroyles

rbroyles Chieftain

The expense is a relative thing. If you are not born into a household with the financial means, it is a lot of money, and financial aid is more limited, no Pell Grants.

3. droski

droski Traffic Criminal

they give financial aid even for online degrees. maybe not enough to cover room and board, but many of us worked through college and survived to tell the story. it's not too high a hill to climb for a motivated 19 year old.

4. kmf600

kmf600 Energy vampire

The article was about why do these guys make so much money when the average person in the community where the average person only makes 35,000.

5. justingroves

justingroves supermod

I've got a few friends that are linemen. I see nothing wrong with the pay they receive

6. kmf600

kmf600 Energy vampire

I sold plasma and CDs while eating mac and cheese and ramon noodle soup. I only drank 40 oz bottles of malt liquor that were in the iced down dollar barrel too. Rough times.

7. The Dooz

The Dooz Super Moderator

Considering the dangers of the job plus the wear and tear on their bodies, I don't either.

8. kmf600

kmf600 Energy vampire

You guys are going to make me cry.

9. NorrisAlan

NorrisAlan Founder of the Mike Honcho Fan Club

**** you.

Better?

10. justingroves

justingroves supermod

How far down do you have to go to plant those poles in sand?

11. kmf600

kmf600 Energy vampire

All of our stuff is in coral rock. We plant a 35 foot pole about 7-8 feet deep.

12. kmf600

kmf600 Energy vampire

Now I'm really tearing up. Thank you.

13. justingroves

justingroves supermod

That's not too bad, as long as coral rock is soft.

14. kmf600

kmf600 Energy vampire

It's just under granite as far as hardness

15. kptvol

kptvol Super Moderator

Holy crap I hope a President never comes back. Lost tons of business today and at least tripled my commute time.

16. utvol0427

utvol0427 Chieftain

Had two different drivers get hung up in traffic, keeping them from getting stuff that customers needed to them by the end of the day. Thanks, Obama.

17. The Dooz

The Dooz Super Moderator

Me too. The ignorance and vitriol was embarrassing.

18. IP

IP Super Moderator

It really is a burden on local infrastructure. He came to Denver 3 or so years ago. They helicoptered him around but it still made traffic even worse due to secret service, lookie-loos trying to get to appearances, etc.

and same with Bush in like 2005 or whenever when he came to K-town.

19. CardinalVol

CardinalVol Uncultured, non-diverse mod

He left town about 515, that was the worst part. I didn't leave work until 6 just to not sit in traffic.

20. The Dooz

The Dooz Super Moderator

It's a huge burden if you don't like him.