POLITICS President Trump: 100+ Mornings After (Term 1 Complete)

Discussion in 'Politicants' started by IP, Apr 30, 2017.

1. GahLee

GahLee Director of Conspiracy Theories, 8th Maxim

I skimmed the article in the Tweet posted above, a lot there and it's late. But one thing I noticed was about housing in shelters. Seems they are making trans people stay with their biological sex and not with what they identify with.

I can understand the reasons behind this but also see reasons not to bother with it.

Seems like such a small minority of people, why even bother?

2. TennTradition

TennTradition Super Moderator

Gahlee, you seem so dismissive of transgender individuals that I think you might be the target audience of why the administration might bother. While you may not be trying to trash transgender people directly, I have a feeling your position is something like ‘if adults want to play dress up on their own time, I have no problem with it.’ Which, well, is trashing transgender people.

3. cpninja

cpninja Member

Well, the why is because certain groups lost the "culture war" on gay rights. So they had to move onto something else to rile up the base. And transgender people are only like 1-2% of the population, they're much more important as a potential wedge issue than as a voting bloc. So here we are.

4. NorrisAlan

NorrisAlan Founder of the Mike Honcho Fan Club

Would love to see the looks when you walk into a women's bathroom and you go "hey, sugar, it's the law. What can I do?"

I do hate that trans have become the political ploy device of the day

Edit: cp, my first paragraph was not meant to play on what you are going through, but simply for people wanting these kinds of laws to get exactly what they want.

5. IP

IP Super Moderator

The beating heart of the issue is that many don't "believe" people who are transgender, imo.

6. RockyHill

RockyHill Loves Auburn more than Tennessee.

And I don’t want to be a [penis], but it’s not like those people don’t sometimes have a point.

I can think of a perfect example of a kid I found out was transitioning recently. His parents are insane and since he was a kid it was obvious he probably had several undiagnosed mental/behavior issues. Now he’s going to become a woman and his life will almost unquestionably get worse.

Again, I don’t want to be disrespectful to anybody and I’m not happy to see the transgender community lose hard fought ground, but the point stands.

Last edited: May 27, 2019
  7. IP

IP Super Moderator

what point? you said they had one and that it stands. what is it?

8. RockyHill

That people who don’t “believe” trans people are sometimes, or perhaps more frequently than sometimes, right.

9. Tenacious D

Tenacious D The law is of supreme importance, or no importance

The infringement of the rights of one is an infringement upon the rights of all. It cannot stand.

10. Tenacious D

Oh, to be clear, I think it’s rubbish.

Your sex is biologically determined, and works perfectly fine for figuring out who is who.

Gender is this new and goofy standard whereby someone can be anything they want to be, based on no more stringent criteria than feelings, or for any number of similarly meaningless reasons.

But if some guy wants to say he feels like a chick, and wishes to dress and conduct himself as a chick - have at it. They certainly should have that right.

But don’t expect me to go along with that delusion. Because it isn’t true.

That’s why.

GahLee likes this.
  11. IP

IP Super Moderator

right in what regard?

12. JudgmentVol

JudgmentVol Chieftain

I just don't understand this thought process. You think the thousands of individuals who undergo this process are just lying? Making it up? Suffering through copious amounts of ridicule because they want the attention?

There are a lot more batshit crazy things in nature than a man feeling like a woman and vice versa. That some people just don't believe it's a phenomenon emphasizes, to me, that they don't know much about nature and biology across the planet if that's so crazy and unfathomable in their worldview.

NorrisAlan likes this.
  13. Tenacious D

Before we get too far down this road, those are your words, and not mine. I’ve neither accused any transgendered person of lying, or of being liars, nor have I said that I believe them to be “bat shit crazy”. I’ve certainly not called for their ridicule.

But feeling like a woman does not a woman make, any more than feeling like a man makes a man. Well, no more than the existence of what some believe to be “bat shit crazy” things in nature is somehow any suitable explanation for other “bat shit crazy” things accused of other things.

I actually went out of my way to state my unequivocal belief that they should be allowed to live as they see fit, and most prefer. Or so I thought.

But a man doesn’t become a woman because they prefer, wish or want it to be so, however sincerely and earnestly. No more than a woman can become a man in the same way.

Because their sex is biologically assigned, and is undeterred by feelings. They aren’t disallowed because I say so or not, but because they aren’t - in actuality, empirically, scientifically, definitively and easily provably.

14. RockyHill

Right that people who have some form of mental illness transition when they shouldn’t and people around them are often wreckless in encouraging it.

15. GahLee

GahLee Director of Conspiracy Theories, 8th Maxim

How can I be the target audience, when I give zero [uck fay]s?

Its dismissive to say live and let live? Because that's about how I approach everyone, regardless of their identity.

Savage Orange likes this.
  16. TennTradition

I was getting a live and let live just don’t bother me with it vibe. If I misread that then I retract.

17. JudgmentVol

JudgmentVol Chieftain

IP's comment was that people don't believe transgender people. Unless I misunderstood, you agreed with the "I don't believe them, but let them do as they please" which leads to the obvious question of: if it's "rubbish," what's the causal nature of their situation? Is it for attention? How are you so certain there isn't any biological cause to the situation?

I know you're using the elementary biology lesson of "X" chromosomes mean girl and "Y" chromosomes mean boy, but like all things learned in grade school, there's a large swath of complexity not at all recognized by you here.

18. Tenacious D

I don’t think that they any more need my belief than I am required to provide it. Any more than I, theirs.

I haven’t a clue why they do it, and have tried not to speculate on it. I’m speaking to the provably obvious reality that no amount of feeling / wanting can turn a man into a woman or a woman into a man.

19. TennTradition

This USS John McCain stuff is nuts.

President says he didn’t know, which could be true. But he also constantly stretches the truth or lies so who knows. Trump said he didn’t know who did but but they were well-meaning. Meaning trying to please him I assume - but affirming the view that Trump and his pettiness are ultimately responsible.

Regardless his White House thought it was a good idea based on his pettiness (I assume) to order the McCain removed from sight. Further, according to the NYTimes, the White House invited 60 or so sailors from each of the ships - except none from the McCain. And, when some found out and showed up wearing their ship’s insignia (TD - is this even a thing?), they were turned away.

He set the stage for shit like this to happen and it’s embarrassing.

NorrisAlan likes this.
  20. NorrisAlan

NorrisAlan Founder of the Mike Honcho Fan Club

It is a shit show. Even if he didn't know, he has cultivated an atmosphere that promotes this kind of petty behavior.

Fortunately the Navy said sod off.