President Trump in WV

Discussion in 'The Thunderdome' started by Tenacious D, Aug 4, 2017.

1. Tenacious D

Tenacious D The law is of supreme importance, or no importance

Pretty raucous, even by the standards of his previous speeches / rallies.

With President Trump on stage, current WV Governor announced he's flipping from Dem to GOP. While you can't really put a price on the value of those optics, for those scoring at home, that's now 26 states where Republicans hold both the governor's office and a majority in the state legislature - tying an all-time high. Conversely, the Dems enjoy the same in only 6 states.

On muh-Russia:
    On Democrats:
    Advice to Democrats
    Sound advice, and maybe they'll someday do it.

2. Tenacious D

Tenacious D The law is of supreme importance, or no importance

3. IP

IP Super Moderator

Technically, the dems did win at the voting booth.

4. VolDad

VolDad Super Moderator

Keep telling yourself that.

5. IP

IP Super Moderator

It's a fact.

6. VolDad

VolDad Super Moderator

Both candidates campaigned for electoral college votes. If it were a popular vote election then campaigning would have been much different (i.e., Trump would have campaigned in California). Winning at the voting booth for an election where neither candidate attempted to win at the voting booth means squat. But if it makes you feel better then keep carrying that Flag.

Last edited: Aug 4, 2017
  7. zehr27

zehr27 8th's VIP

This

8. JudgmentVol

JudgmentVol Chieftain

So you recognize that electoral college voting and booth voting are separate methods, but disagree with an irrelevant rant when stated that the Democrats won the voting in the booths.

Is this really that difficult for you to follow?

9. Unimane

Unimane Kill "The Caucasian"

Who gives a shit about political rallies, at this point? They have value? He gets a few thousand of his most rabid followers, repeats his lines about being victimized by the press and Mueller's witch hunt, references the election a few times, rehashes campaign trail irrelevance, like anything to do with Hillary and says nothing of substance while, usually, saying something stupid or dishonest enough to be discussed for a few days in the news cycle. All this while his approval rating tanks because he's only, apparently, good at showing up for campaign rallies three years before the actual election.

Now, the Republican control of governorships and legislatures is a salient point and a problem for Democrats.

10. VolDad

VolDad Super Moderator

How do you "Win" something that nobody is competing for. It's like saying the Vols "Won" Lifes Championship. How did the Vols win what nobody was competing for?

But as I said, if a Butchism makes you feel better then carry that Flag.

11. JudgmentVol

JudgmentVol Chieftain

I know from having read your drivel for years that you don't follow conversations well and instead insert your own narrative instead of interpreting others' words. So, with that said, reread the words and try acting like everybody who disagrees with you isn't a blathering moron.

12. IP

IP Super Moderator

Then he should suggest winning in the electoral college. They did win at the booth.

13. IP

IP Super Moderator

He said voting booth. He shouldn't have.

14. IP

IP Super Moderator

Did you ask this when reading trump's post? Nope. Huh.

15. VolDad

VolDad Super Moderator

When Trump whines about the size of his inaugural crowd or the popular vote I think that it is equally stupid as your Dems "Won" the popular vote Butchism.

Funny how one of his most vocal critics is trying to use his words to prop his arguement. But I do give you credit for your 5 star heart in fighting the good fight.

16. VolDad

VolDad Super Moderator

He said:

Who was competing for the voting booth?

17. fl0at_

fl0at_ Humorless, asinine, joyless pr*ck

Making a strong and exacting case for why election fraud doesn't actually matter.

I like it.

18. VolDad

VolDad Super Moderator

Trump wanting a commission to investigate is stupid.

19. fl0at_

fl0at_ Humorless, asinine, joyless pr*ck

Agreed.

20. JudgmentVol

JudgmentVol Chieftain

“Try winning at the voting booth,” was a direct quote from Trump. So, again, try following conversations.