Proposal ideas

Discussion in 'The Thunderdome' started by juicemane, Nov 11, 2016.

Tags:
  1. juicemane

juicemane Member

Been dating ole girl for 2 years and going to make it official. Want to make it special. How did y'all propose?

2. fl0at_

fl0at_ Humorless, asinine, joyless pr*ck

Christmas lights at the zoo. There was a big tree. Had a stranger take a picture on a solid 3 megapixel or so phone camera.

I'm romantic as hell.

3. lumberjack4

lumberjack4 Chieftain

Have a friend or someone around to take pictures of the proposal. Best decision I made, the wife still likes to go back and look at them.

4. The Dooz

The Dooz Super Moderator

Our kitchen.

I had already told her mom (and dad) that morning so I had to move fast before she blew up my spot.

5. NorrisAlan

NorrisAlan Founder of the Mike Honcho Fan Club

Went for a walk. Went back to her apartment. Popped the question.

Not big on sappy.

6. Tenacious D

Tenacious D The law is of supreme importance, or no importance

1. Meet at a romantic location.
    2. Suggest that you completely avoid each other for one (1) full decade, and without exception.
    3. Tell her that while she is to maintain complete abstinence and the unwavering avoidance of any romantic relationships with all others, that you will seek to commit every conceivable act of perversion and fornication with as many others as humanly possible.
    4. At decades end, you will each meet back at that same romantically chosen spot, and if you each still then wish to marry one another, that you'll set the date to be married. If she agrees, set the date for a decade later, repeating the cycle, anew.
    5. If she refuses, then she doesn't truly and unconditionally love you, doesn't place your happiness above all else, and isn't worth marrying. Then, do the decade-of-perversion anyway, but without it being bookended by stupidly unnecessary shit that only involves one woman.

Live truly happily ever after.

I'm not romantic in the least, but am a pragmatic truth-telling realist. All marriage is for suckers, so save yourself the time and attorney fees by simply giving 1/2 of your shit to the woman you already hate the most, and be done with it.

7. NYY

NYY Super Moderator

Find the woman you hate the most in life....

And buy her a house.

8. gcbvol

gcbvol Fabulous Moderator

After 20 years together and an assist from SCOTUS it was "Want to make it official? Sure." That's not going to help much, but I'm happy for you.

9. juicemane

juicemane Member

This is kind of funny because I met my future wife in college and we were friends. Then I graduated and moved away and we didn't see each other for 5 years. Ran into each other at a bar one night and the rest is history.

10. juicemane

juicemane Member

If it were up to me we would take a 20 minute trip to the court house.

11. NorrisAlan

NorrisAlan Founder of the Mike Honcho Fan Club

When in doubt, ask the Real Man:

[video=youtube;whY6xq3lSSQ]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=whY6xq3lSSQ[/video]

12. JudgmentVol

JudgmentVol Chieftain

Drive to restaurant as if going on date. Have police friend pull you over, ask you get out of the car and give permission to search vehicle. Once he searches the trunk, have him say, "I've found something" proceed to put you into handcuffs, then have him hand you the ring box he found and propose.

Have friend or family in separate car following with a recording.

Enjoy.

13. droski

droski Traffic Criminal

Went on a hike. I proposed. We went and had brunch to celebrate. Neither of us are big on spectacles.

14. rbroyles

rbroyles Chieftain

It is crucial to set the ground rules early, so take her to her favorite restaurant, and have the most gorgeous sexy hooker stop at your table and act like you are God's gift to women. Have her ask you to call her soon. You then say I hate to tell you I am no longer in circulation, I'm getting married. She pouts and says with a whimper, well you can still call me, and by the way, who's the lucky gal, this one here? You look at your gf and say how about it, is it you?

15. GahLee

GahLee Director of Conspiracy Theories, 8th Maxim

A hike and brunch? You're officially the whitest guy on Earth.

16. NashVol11

NashVol11 Well-Known Member

Haha

17. justingroves

justingroves supermod

18. The Dooz

The Dooz Super Moderator

FYP.

Marriage ain't bad. It's those little things that zap your fun and take your money.

19. justingroves

justingroves supermod

Kids are awesome. My wife is awesome. Dealing with families during a wedding is hell.

Go to the court house or jet off and have a tiny wedding

20. justingroves

justingroves supermod

I told my now mother in law to be quiet about the wedding dress she wasn't paying for or I'd be at the courthouse with her daughter the next day and the wedding she wanted to impress her family and friends wouldn't be necessary.

It's still a touchy subject to this day.