Proposal ideas

Discussion in 'The Thunderdome' started by juicemane, Nov 11, 2016.

Tags:
  1. justingroves

justingroves supermod

But, if you're hell bent on putting up with your future mother in law, take her to the place you first met and ask her to marry you.

2. Savage Orange

Savage Orange I need ammunition, not a ride. -V Zelensky.

This. Marriage is a bad deal for guys.when women are GF's they're cool, compliant and willing to do whatever... Once they become wives they know they got you by the short hairs....

3. IP

IP Super Moderator

Keep talking, guys. I'm taking reams of notes.

4. droski

droski Traffic Criminal

Well you aren't wrong

5. kptvol

kptvol Super Moderator

Beach at night. Kneel right at shore line. Victory is assured.

6. zehr27

zehr27 8th's VIP

Took my wife on a weekend retreat and popped the question. Most important part for me was making sure I got her parents permission.

7. CardinalVol

CardinalVol Uncultured, non-diverse mod

Just tell her you want to piihb a lot and you'd feel less guilty doing it if you were married.

8. kptvol

kptvol Super Moderator

That was my tactic. Tricked her with a promise of a very minor weekend that actually ended up being a big time, very classy vacation. Also got one of her friends to help me pick out the ring. These chicks have some serious opinions on them, but wouldn't feel comfortable telling you the jewelry you spent thousands on is ugly as hell.

9. NorrisAlan

NorrisAlan Founder of the Mike Honcho Fan Club

Haha

10. kptvol

kptvol Super Moderator

I think technically doing that pre-marriage would be less of a problem than putting it in the V.

11. lumberjack4

lumberjack4 Chieftain

I infiltrated my wife's Pintrest page to figure out the ring.

12. utvol0427

utvol0427 Chieftain

Yes. I tried like hell to get my wife to the go to the court house to get married and spend the wedding money on a kick ass honeymoon. She wasn't having it.

13. utvol0427

utvol0427 Chieftain

My wife dropped subtle hints at what ring she wanted. We were at the mall one evening, she went into a jewelry store to look around, pointed out a ring and said "When I get married, I want a ring that looks like that". I went back the next night and bought it.

14. InVolNerable

InVolNerable Fark Master Flex

You love taking a reaming

15. InVolNerable

My father in law loves a good party. He wasn't having a court house wedding.

16. InVolNerable

A retreat? Was this a business marriage?

17. utvol0427

utvol0427 Chieftain

My father-in-law was a full blown alcoholic at the time, so we had an alcohol free wedding. Not much of a party.

18. zehr27

zehr27 8th's VIP

My wife basically picked her ring out. Had I did it I would have bought her the cut she least liked. Dodged a bullet there.

19. zehr27

zehr27 8th's VIP

I'm all business.

20. kmf600

kmf600 Energy vampire

Take her somewhere fancy, like Red Lobster.