Pruitt learning to be a head coach

Discussion in 'Vols Football' started by Butthole, Sep 24, 2018.

1. JT5

JT5 Super Moderator

We haven’t won a road game in the West in more than a decade.

For that reason, I predict we beat Auburn.

Last edited: Sep 30, 2018
  2. RockyHill

RockyHill Loves Auburn more than Tennessee.

I suspect Pruitt will attack him from everywhere. If Auburn isn’t ready to counter it you are absolutely right.

3. IP

IP Super Moderator

Beating Kentucky will be a lot taller of an order than Florida was. They good.

4. warhammer

warhammer Chieftain

It is there to be fumbled away.

Wouldn't that be the Tennessee thing to do though? Start the slide that gets Malzahn fired, and they upgrade at head coach. Definitely a Tennessee thing to do.

5. JT5

JT5 Super Moderator

I’m expecting Kentucky to beat Georgia in Lexington, and having the tie breaker to win the east until Tennesseee upsets them in November, thus springing Georgia back into the SEC Chanpionship game, which they win and subsequently go on to win the National Championship. This is the most Tennessee outcome to the season.

6. NorrisAlan

NorrisAlan Founder of the Mike Honcho Fan Club

At least it would keep Butch Jones from getting a Natty ring.

7. A-Smith

A-Smith Chieftain

Fair.

8. justingroves

justingroves supermod

They'll go as far as Snell takes them

9. MaconVol

MaconVol Chieftain

Guarantano hurts this offense just as much as the line. Recruiting rankings got it bad wrong with him. He’s only decent if it’s a scripted throw. Anything where he has to think or move and he sucks

Ssmiff likes this.
  10. JT5

JT5 Super Moderator

I’d take a one year rental of Bryant or Hurts in a heartbeat.

Butthole and utvol0427 like this.
  11. OneForVol

OneForVol Well-Known Member

The play before Ty scored where he took the sack closed the book on him for me. He could have easily run for a first down right up the gut.

12. justingroves

justingroves supermod

Imagine if Burrow comes here instead of LSU

13. Ssmiff

Ssmiff Went to the White House...Again

7-8 yard run at minimum. Panic. Zero burst/explosion to get thru thr 5 yard wide hole and pick up yards

14. IP

IP Super Moderator

I also no longer feel good good about JG. If he were able to improvise a little, it would make all the difference. He doesn't seem to be able to.

kmf600 likes this.
  15. Volgrad98

Volgrad98 Contributor

Can't remember who said it in the chat yesterday but JG looks panicked. Can't say I blame him but he can't stay cool back there when there's pressure.

16. ptclaus98

ptclaus98 Contributor

If JG isn't going to use his legs at all, then give me Chryst and one of the new kids for next year. And I was high on him in the offseason. Without his legs, or even the threat of them, JG is useless.

17. justingroves

justingroves supermod

Chryst is even slower going through progressions

BigOrangeBeech and NorrisAlan like this.
  18. RockyHill

RockyHill Loves Auburn more than Tennessee.

Do we have a good read on why JG isn’t running at all? I mean hell he stays put in situations where even Peyton would take off.

It can’t be because he’s a [ussy pay] and I can’t imagine why he’d be coached not to. Doesn’t make much sense.

19. ptclaus98

ptclaus98 Contributor

Yeah but he might at least take shots downfield or be willing to make some risky throws.

20. ptclaus98

ptclaus98 Contributor

Why not?