Pruitt learning to be a head coach

Discussion in 'Vols Football' started by Butthole, Sep 24, 2018.

1. bigpapavol

bigpapavol Chieftain

You said aggressive. We play like we have no idea what that word means.

2. RockyHill

RockyHill Loves Auburn more than Tennessee.

Fair, though if those 3 lineman are out or hampered it really will be an easy task getting after Stidham.

3. DC Vol

DC Vol Contributor

Anyone know what % of plays we blitzed more than just JACK/SAM against UF and UGA?

4. justingroves

justingroves supermod

No, but on Taylor's first sack it was a good design. They overloaded the right side and had Abernathy had any awareness, he is right there to fall on the fumble. Instead, he hugged Fromn

5. IP

IP Super Moderator

Those little things can change games

6. justingroves

justingroves supermod

He bear hugged him! If he had hammered him, it wouldn't have bothered me near as much

7. ptclaus98

ptclaus98 Contributor

I dunno, I saw the Hornibrook kid from Wisconsin throw a pick with acres of space in the pocket

8. InVolNerable

InVolNerable Fark Master Flex

This may be the first time Groves has ever used an exclamation point.

9. cotton

cotton Stand-up Philosopher

Th
    They're over used, anyway! I don't like 'em!!!

10. justingroves

justingroves supermod

That play epitomized what was wrong with Lyle Jones. Free kill shot on the QB? Don't take it, just bear hug him

11. DC Vol

DC Vol Contributor

If there is one play that epitomizes Lyle Jones it was this one:

Play @UF where Peterman is in the shotgun. Florida jumps offsides and the OL, which were coached to not move... stayed still. Since it was offsides, the play wasn't ruled dead and 2 DL obliterated Peterman.

UF got a 5 yard penalty and Peterman probably lost 5 years off his life. It was at that exact moment that I thought he and Bajakian were complete [uck fay]ing idiots.

NYY likes this.
  12. NorrisAlan

NorrisAlan Founder of the Mike Honcho Fan Club

[uck fay] Auburn.

warhammer likes this.
  13. Tar Volon

Tar Volon Me Blog @RockyTopTalk.com

I thought something even more ridiculous happened on that one--like Peterman throwing an INT while being drilled and then there being no flag on the play. Am I completely misremembering?

14. IP

IP Super Moderator

That ay have been the play where his injury actually occurred.

15. DC Vol

DC Vol Contributor

I think you're talking about Worley getting blind-sided trying to react to an INT he threw under pressure, which is what put him out of the game.

My memory may not be accurate there. I want to say that's right, though, and that makes the "you don't need to block your man when the D is offsides" even more ridiculous.

That entire game was brutal. Clear sign the staff, particularly the Offense which were all lyle's bandmates, were in over their head.

IP likes this.
  16. IP

IP Super Moderator

When you do something that's been done competitively by many people for many years and think you can reinvent the wheel on everything, you probably don't know what you are doing. There's innovation, but that is incremental in form or application. But wholesale "don't move if you think they're offside" with no thought as to the negatives or the long game, or the ramifications of being wrong on a play... Dumb. If he worked around machinery or something, he would end up some cautionary tale about doing something the wrong way.

justingroves likes this.
  17. lumberjack4

lumberjack4 Chieftain

To be fair butch isn't the only idiot that does that nonsense with the oline.

18. Beechervol

Beechervol Super Moderator

True.
    He just figured out how to be the worst at coaching it.

justingroves likes this.
  19. DC Vol

DC Vol Contributor

You can get cute when you play a team like Akron.

You can't get cute when you're playing a DL that has 3 future 1st Rounders on it.

20. ptclaus98

ptclaus98 Contributor

I've seen Jimbo's FSU do the same thing.