Pruitt learning to be a head coach

Discussion in 'Vols Football' started by Butthole, Sep 24, 2018.

1. justingroves

justingroves supermod

He won't. He will check it down every time

2. RockyHill

RockyHill Loves Auburn more than Tennessee.

Well he’s not afraid of constantly getting blown up sitting in the pocket. I think if he was a [ussy pay] we’d see him run more and just get down quickly.

3. Tenacious D

Tenacious D The law is of supreme importance, or no importance

At the risk of giving any hint of my agreeing with RockyHill ([uck fay] Auburn), and on any point, for the life of me, I don’t understand why JG’s legs aren’t better than they are, and are so seldom used.

He’s not even as mobile as pure pocket passers with considerably more bulk.

What gives?

TDVol1989 likes this.
  4. NorrisAlan

NorrisAlan Founder of the Mike Honcho Fan Club

FYP

utvol0427 and Tenacious D like this.
  5. justingroves

justingroves supermod

He suffers from brain freeze and isn't aware of his surroundings. He drops to a designated point and stands there to either throw it or get blown up. He's a robot.

6. Tenacious D

Tenacious D The law is of supreme importance, or no importance

Hell, he tried to take off running once vs UGA - and smartly, as there was a GAPING hole up the middle - but just ran right into the back of his own lineman, instead.

He doesn’t look like the game has slowed down for him, a single ounce.

7. NorrisAlan

Explains why he looked so good to me vs our two cup cakes. I thought he had changed, but nope. Still holds onto the ball too long and cannot read past the first read.

8. justingroves

justingroves supermod

He's a 7 on 7 QB. He can still do good things if given a clean pocket and a lot of time, but so can every other FBS QB.

I appreciate his toughness and I would like for it to click with him, but it looks unlikely

9. BigOrangeBeech

BigOrangeBeech Poster of the Month, July 2014 and recruiting guy!

Yep. Is what it is. I still think hes the best we currently have. I think Chryst would even be worse.

Shrout may end up being okay, but not sure if hes ready. I'd be afraid of him throwing it to the other team.

10. justingroves

justingroves supermod

Shrout has a little bit of Bray in him. They supposedly like him a lot, but he's never seen a throw he can't make

11. NorrisAlan

Some merits to that.

12. justingroves

justingroves supermod

Yep, but when you have 5 functioning defensive linemen, the negatives are aren't just bad, they're catastrophic

13. CardinalVol

CardinalVol Uncultured, non-diverse mod

I have zero problems with this mindset. Yeah it'll mean a 5 pick game here and there, but it'll also put up 70 here and there too.

justingroves likes this.
  14. bigpapavol

bigpapavol Chieftain

Attack? Have you watched?

15. justingroves

justingroves supermod

Probably not, he's an Auburn fan

16. Ssmiff

Ssmiff Went to the White House...Again

Hopefully it means he beats JG out in spring and looks like a football player. Watching so many qbs sidestep or feel it coming and get on the move this weekend was even more enlightening. Started keeping track of drives I saw extended with qb legs and quit counting. Absolutely have to have a QB capable of getting a few yards a few times a game to compete now imo

17. IP

IP Super Moderator

We have nothing to lose, I agree. If JG isn't going to be a dual threat, he might as well sit.

18. CardinalVol

CardinalVol Uncultured, non-diverse mod

I'm curious that once we get to last 3 or 4 games with no postseason hopes, with the new rule, if we see him.

IP and NorrisAlan like this.
  19. NorrisAlan

I love that new rule. It is a win-win for player and team alike.

lylsmorr likes this.
  20. RockyHill

RockyHill Loves Auburn more than Tennessee.

Dude, Southern Miss straight up worked Auburn’s OL. And not only do they suck 3 of 5 starters are hurt.