Purdue Rumors and Butch

Discussion in 'Vols Football' started by Duckman, Nov 30, 2016.

1. Duckman

Duckman Chieftain

Its all mesaage board gossip right now, but supposedly Butch is in talks with the Boilermakers. I didn't see a thread dedicated to this so apologies in advance if there was one.

Anybody on here have any insight into the situation?

2. snoball5278

snoball5278 Contributor

Prayers going up

3. Savage Orange

Savage Orange I need ammunition, not a ride. -V Zelensky.

If it happens, Halelujer Jeebus, but I don't think its gonna happen.

4. Duckman

Duckman Chieftain

5. BigOrangeBeech

BigOrangeBeech Poster of the Month, July 2014 and recruiting guy!

Chuga chuga chuga

6. Savage Orange

Savage Orange I need ammunition, not a ride. -V Zelensky.

Smokescreeny..... And whatnot.

7. kptvol

kptvol Super Moderator

I imagine that I will be walking outside at nighttime in a fairly solemn, snow covered environment. Out of nowhere I'll hear that kind of soft choir music it plays in the Home Alone movies whenever a sentimental moment is happening. A gentle ray of light from the sky illuminates a small circle of snow surrounding me. That's when the iPhone alert goes off. "Butch Jones and Tennessee part ways."

8. fl0at_

fl0at_ Humorless, asinine, joyless pr*ck

Dude's dad is really that condescending to him? Schoolin' him up on all that is happening at UTK. "Well as you know..." "Second loss to Vandy in 4 years"

"Yea, Dad, thanks. I follow this shit too."

9. JayVols

JayVols Walleye Catchin' Moderator

I imagine it in the Christmas Vaction kinda way. We see this when we hear Butch is gone:

[​IMG]

Then this happens during the search for his replacement:
    [​IMG]

Attached Files:

10. Duckman

Duckman Chieftain

From the original poster of this:

"My father is a Chattanooga native and he's always rooted for UTC and UTK athletics throughout his life, he's also a very successful businessman in the Atlanta & Chattanooga areas. In recent years he's given very large donations to UTC and due to that he's been able to become very well connected within UTC athletics, boosters and to some extent a inner look at how everything is working up at UTK (he's a donor there but not as large). I'll show you what he told me, take it how you want but I trust him on this. "

Obviously, everything on this should be taken with a grain of salt at this point.

11. docholiday

docholiday Contributor

need to add Gruden face to the tree photo and we are all set.

12. TDVol1989

TDVol1989 Always Be Menstruating

Seems fishy. Red flag when this stuff is misspelled. Perdue is Purdue. Yes, I am skeptical because so many want it to be true...including myself.

13. Beechervol

Beechervol Super Moderator

Will

14. He'd have to take at least a two million dollar pay cut, IMO. I pray he leaves, just afraid we have given him too much money for him to bounce on his own.

15. I lol'd.

16. NorrisAlan

NorrisAlan Founder of the Mike Honcho Fan Club

I want him gone so badly that I am fighting this. I know I am going to spend the next month refreshing this damn page over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over (ad infinitum)

Need to step away from the computer!

17. kmf600

kmf600 Energy vampire

Haha, this has been me too. Guys I workwith are getting annoyed. I'm staying quiet with the Butch is leaving and Gruden stuff this time. I still have zero credibility after that shit last time.

18. DownNDirty

DownNDirty Contributor

PERFECT ANALOGY - nailed it

19. MWR

MWR Contributor

Message board credibility is serious stuff. Even if Gruden didn't happen the last time, it was a fun ride.

Gruden in 2017

20. docholiday

docholiday Contributor

Hazel was making 2.3mil/yr at Purdue. They are prepared to up their financial commitment for the right coach.