POLITICS Q or QAnon

Discussion in 'Politicants' started by VolDad, Aug 7, 2018.

1. kptvol

kptvol Super Moderator

I think I follow you. You support Alex Jones raping people.

JayVols likes this.
  2. IP

IP Super Moderator

There's only one baker when there isn't enough of a market for two... C'mon.

3. Tenacious D

Tenacious D The law is of supreme importance, or no importance

Correct.

And when one baker is a known homophobe, the non-homophone easily runs him out of business.

4. Tenacious D

This is my entire political - and religious - philosophy.

5. Tenacious D

No one is mistaking you for Alex Jones, or blaming you for his Sandy Hook shit.

6. IP

IP Super Moderator

No, that isn't what happens because most people don't really care or align with the bigotry in the sort of small towns where a business owner can afford to be a homophobe. The market decided it's okay.

7. Poppa T

Poppa T Vol Geezer

I laffed. I envisioned Sean Spicer at the podium responding with your retort.

You're trying too hard.

8. GahLee

GahLee Director of Conspiracy Theories, 8th Maxim

Hardly trying. I'm certainly not trying to make false equivalencies. I feel like you were. Correct if wrong.

9. Tenacious D

Then you have a people problem, not a baker problem.

10. smokysbark

smokysbark Chieftain

You're probably referencing infinite regress but I choose to think you are going Sturgill Simpson ... so, nice SS reference, sir. Carry on.

11. Tenacious D

Of course, SS.

But it was given, perhaps rather sloppily and inaccurately, as a quick means to suggest an infinite similarity, whether progressively or regressively directed.

smokysbark likes this.
  12. TennTradition

TennTradition Super Moderator

Man - you guys are blowing my mind with these philosophical tools before I’ve even had my morning coffee.

smokysbark likes this.
  13. fl0at_

fl0at_ Humorless, asinine, joyless pr*ck

Which is the point. Government regulates people. Which is why businesses are “people.”

14. Tenacious D

Not everything requires regulating, particularly morality.

You can regulate try to regulate it, but I don’t think you should.

15. fl0at_

It’s not a regulation of morality. The people running the business can have whatever morality they want.

The people that are fine with the business owners having whatever morality they want can have that morality, and face nothing.

So there is no morality being regulated, unless you are taking about the morality of legal business, in which case that is rather effectively regulated. And has been for about ever.

16. Tenacious D

Regulating that a baker be forced to bake a cake that s/he not desire to make is not worthy of regulation.

My hair is thin enough and requires no splitting.

17. fl0at_

No-one is forcing the baker to bake a cake. If the baker feels compelled to bake a cake, they can simply close their business and go do something else.

18. Tenacious D

Rainbow Land.

Do you want to live there?

19. fl0at_

Do you believe that I have a right to play 2nd base for the Cubs, whether I worked hard for it or not, or met certain requirements or not? No.

So why do you labor hard under the delusion that anyone has a right to be a baker?

20. Ssmiff

Ssmiff Went to the White House...Again

If a baker owns his company and doesant want to bake a cake for a repub, democrat, Chinese, black or gay, that should be their choice. Its theirs. Market should respond and wouldnt be open long, but telling a company owner what they can and cant do with their own name and money is absurd.
    Go get a cake somewhere else. Who cares.