POLITICS Q or QAnon

Discussion in 'Politicants' started by VolDad, Aug 7, 2018.

1. kmf600

kmf600 Energy vampire

Whatever happened to the Baker that didn't make the cake for the gay couple?

2. NorrisAlan

NorrisAlan Founder of the Mike Honcho Fan Club

SCOTUS ruled in his favor.

3. kmf600

kmf600 Energy vampire

I was wondering if he is still baking

4. kptvol

kptvol Super Moderator

Trump made him Secretary of Dessert.

GahLee likes this.
  5. Unimane

Unimane Kill "The Caucasian"

Yeah, 1950s Mississippi was great. This theory that the market solves all problem relies on the idea people aren't ever lemming asshats discriminating against whatever marginal group is within their community is naive. This system works terribly to those without any power to combat or reverse their predicament.

6. fl0at_

fl0at_ Humorless, asinine, joyless pr*ck

You’re going to inevitably put a caveat here, and that is why it matters.

Likely that caveat will be legal vs illegal, like, why can’t Kroger sell people into sex trafficing rings, and we let the market decide.

But you’ll put a caveat, at some point. And the question becomes: “can we demonstrate that thing B is like caveat A?”

And if we can, then thing B also matters.

7. Ssmiff

Ssmiff Went to the White House...Again

Uni and Float, if you build a business with your own money, pay your taxes and roll, you should be able to choose whomever you want to service at any time you want. That's my opinion and there is no debate about it. You want big brother or daddy telling you what you can and cant do with your own business, so be it. Not me.

8. fl0at_

You actually don’t believe that, though. That’s the problem.

If I build a weapon capable of destroying this country and all its inhabitants, you are saying I should be allowed to sell it to terrorists.

And if I build the ability to defend against that, that I should be able to sell it to Iran, but not the US.

I doubt you truly believe that.

9. fl0at_

My product is shares of stock and stock information. I should be able to insider trade?

All we free market people believe that?

10. Ssmiff

99% of businesses is your caviat. No I don't think you should build a weapons cache or build a virus that kills mankind. But if you are selling muffins and don't want to sell to me, you shouldn't be forced to. Has nothing to do with being against gay or any bs like that either. Like Benicio Del Toro say, "its my munny. That's my munny."

11. Ssmiff

I don't care for redheads. Feels like bad mojo when near. You telling me I can't refuse to sell a pie to Colton Jumper?

12. GahLee

GahLee Director of Conspiracy Theories, 8th Maxim

I was gonna say Gavin Mcinnes was next yesterday. Would've been right. Twitter banned him. Crowder, you're up.

13. fl0at_

Again, no one is being forced. They can leave the business and never have to sell a muffin again, to anyone.

But the cost of doing business is that certain things can’t be refused. That’s the basis of all law.

14. fl0at_

You currently can. The question is whether you have a right to do so. And you don’t.

So the question is now, do you have a legal entitlement to do so? And you do.

But should you be able to? It’s easy to give a blanket yes or no. Logically the most complete of all answers is that you should not be able to; but it is the simplest of all answers.

15. Unimane

Unimane Kill "The Caucasian"

Other people pay their taxes and contribute to the social contract, as well. This includes public protections and services for your business just as it provides protections for people not to be discriminated against based upon who they are.

There's an eminently good reason why we have such things as civil rights acts and provide protections for people who have, and would, be at the mercy of a majority in their community.

16. lumberjack4

lumberjack4 Chieftain

I don't think hair color is a protected class, so its probably legal.

17. kmf600

kmf600 Energy vampire

NFL players can kneel, and people can choose not to pay to go to games.

18. fl0at_

Not sure why people care about the kneeling. Kneel away.

19. JayVols

JayVols Walleye Catchin' Moderator

I'm really looking forward to those whites only lunch counters again. I mean, it's their business, right? They should be able to/not serve whomever they please...

Right?

20. Ssmiff

And how long you think they would be open. How bad would they get beat up on social media. How dangerous would the work environment become...
    Answers are it would be a massive failure all around, unless it was a blacks only venue, frat, college or something like that, then its totally cool, Right?