Random college football thread

Discussion in 'Sports' started by zero-sum, May 9, 2015.

1. CardinalVol

CardinalVol Uncultured, non-diverse mod

Yeah. I'm taking this one with 2 grains of salt.

2. IP

IP Super Moderator

Lol, ACC and PAC 12 remnants should unify as the Leftovers Athletic Conference. Represent the LAC!

CardinalVol and InVolNerable like this.
  3. IP

IP Super Moderator

Back in the 90's as a kid I cared a lot about the national championship stuff.

Now I think it probably would be better not to have an official one or playoff.

But if there is a playoff, every team deserves a clear path on the field. It's not right for an undefeated team to have no way to get their shot

Joseph Brant likes this.
  4. ptclaus98

ptclaus98 Contributor

I'm gonna be honest, I sat through the last 15 years of shit and I was ready to take 15 more years of getting kicked in the [penis]. But with the way its going, I'm done with college football. I can't adapt to this. I'm gonna enjoy the next few years of it looking somewhat familiar but I don't see myself giving a shit after 2025 or 2026.

5. IP

IP Super Moderator

Acc coworkers despairing. Someone asked me what it is like being a fan of an sec school and I told them it's like it is always rec time in a federal prison. There were no follow-up questions.

VolDad and A-Smith like this.
  6. IP

IP Super Moderator

More than one has blamed this all on the big 10 and Maryland. Now there is an angle I didn't see.

7. CardinalVol

CardinalVol Uncultured, non-diverse mod

Flight tracking for realignment! The new frontier!

8. justingroves

justingroves supermod

The people that act like the big 10 is a beacon of academia are annoying. They're known for rape and pedophilia

9. IP

IP Super Moderator

It's also partly a scale thing. They are very big schools so yes they produce a lot of research.

10. zehr27

zehr27 8th's VIP

It's die then. I'm pretty certain the Big10 is not interested at all in Cal. ACC will be.

11. justingroves

justingroves supermod

It's funny to me that Cal may join the Atlantic Coast Conference

IP, OneForVol and zehr27 like this.
  12. zehr27

zehr27 8th's VIP

It's going to look so weird when this is all said and done.

13. IP

IP Super Moderator

It's like the landscape of college football is a sandwich, and the good conferences are pinching off the icky crusts on the coasts.

OneForVol, zehr27 and justingroves like this.
  14. droski

droski Traffic Criminal

any port in a storm

that being said the acc without clemson, miami, etc i doubt makes cal more money than just staying in the pac-10

PilotFlyingJ likes this.
  15. droski

droski Traffic Criminal

16. Volsdude

Volsdude Well-Known Member

I don’t think the sky is falling yet. There’s plenty of room to keep tradition while expanding. I just imagine Wel have less Alabama state technical college game days and instead play a clemson or VT or whatever. It’s about making as much money as possible and these people are smart enough to know they’ll alienate their revenue stream if they try to blow up 100 years of football.

17. PilotFlyingJ

PilotFlyingJ Chieftain

I think that all they (ABC/ESPN and ADs) see is front end dollar signs and hardly anyone has considered how these drastic moves could actually be detrimental to the collegiate game's appeal. The college game has captivated generations of devotees for a reason. If they [uck fay] around too much they'll create a product that no longer endears itself to fans and alumni.

18. zehr27

zehr27 8th's VIP

Guy that wrote that doesn't know shit. I'm not convinced the SEC wants a single team from the ACC.

19. IP

IP Super Moderator

I would be concerned with diluting the brand if we took too much trash in.

InVolNerable likes this.
  20. droski

droski Traffic Criminal

Yeah they have to add over $100 mil to the pot to make it work and I don’t know if any of those do that

zehr27 likes this.