Random college football thread

Discussion in 'Sports' started by zero-sum, May 9, 2015.

1. JohnnyQuickkick

JohnnyQuickkick Calcio correspondent

DUI and another “unresolved incident”

2. IP

IP Super Moderator

I'm sure he will be back in time for Tennessee.

3. IP

IP Super Moderator

Between this and Auburn... I thought our fanbase was getting soft, but no. Clearly not. We are callused, worn souls compared to these human gummies. Jesus.

Volsdude and justingroves like this.
  4. IP

IP Super Moderator

Tag yourself. I'm the third dude on the right wearing a purple Hawaiian shirt, cap, and glasses flipping off the man with 150 lbs of muscle on me.

Last edited: Sep 5, 2022
  5. IP

IP Super Moderator

This tweet may come back to haunt.

6. justingroves

justingroves supermod

DUIs and clocking in at a job he's never been to

7. justingroves

justingroves supermod

That locker room is broken

8. CardinalVol

CardinalVol Uncultured, non-diverse mod

Inspiration from Sark here.

9. Ssmiff

Ssmiff Went to the White House...Again

10. IP

IP Super Moderator

But these LSU fans are children of summer. Sweet young lambs. They have no idea how bad things can get. Their expectations and experience make them operate in a world where they just stumble into being .500 at worst. They're about to find out that wins and losses totals are NOT linear in college football. It's punctuated. And they are swimming in 4 or 5 wins land if things don't pick up quickly.

11. IP

IP Super Moderator

Also, Ed Orgeron probably wins that game. Just saying.

NorrisAlan likes this.
  12. VolDad

VolDad Super Moderator

IP likes this.
  13. justingroves

justingroves supermod

O doesn't string along a 6th year senior at qb, he encourages him to transfer or get a head start on his head coaching career.

O doesn't have 3 receivers quit

O rips his qb a new asshole for smiling after a blocked kick

O isn't responsible for a kid dying on a lift in 50 mph winds

14. CardinalVol

CardinalVol Uncultured, non-diverse mod

O has a ton of faults. And he won a title and said f it, but yup, all of the above is 100% true. Kids would run through a brick wall for him.

IP likes this.
  15. NorrisAlan

NorrisAlan Founder of the Mike Honcho Fan Club

Jerry DiNardo was what they were before Saban. I hope they remember that.

Memtownvol likes this.
  16. bostonvol

bostonvol Chieftain

Sad thing is, Dinardo was really close to being successful. He took over an awful program from Curly Hallman, yet managed to win 26 games his first three years. Everything was setup for 1998, but he lost five games by a total of 19 points. He Had coaching staff defections after the season, and that led to the ‘99 season being a disaster. Which of course cost him him job and let LSU hire Saban.

17. SGMVols

SGMVols Contributor

Never go full Bill Gramatica, kids.

18. PilotFlyingJ

PilotFlyingJ Chieftain

19. ole_orange

ole_orange Board Simp

The post Ole Miss version of O would have been fun to play for. For all his faults as both a coach and person, O was the head coach for arguably one of the best college football teams in the history of the sport. You can never take 2019 away from him. I'd be stunned if Brian Kelly ever wins the SEC at LSU. Culturally coaching down there is way different than Notre Dame. If you are going to be an insufferable, narcistic drill sergeant asshole like Saban, you better have unquestionable credibility. BK has a long way to go before he earns credibility in a league like the SEC. Him already losing grip on that locker room is not at all surprising. It'll take years for him to replace that locker room with his own guys at a place where they expect instant success. LSU fans are way too impatient to give him 4 years to figure things out.

20. ole_orange

ole_orange Board Simp

LSU will rue the day they let Billy Napier leave that state for the Florida gig. Hell, we probably will too unfortunately.