Random college football thread

Discussion in 'Sports' started by zero-sum, May 9, 2015.

1. NorrisAlan

NorrisAlan Founder of the Mike Honcho Fan Club

Except many of the kids transferring I bet the coaches are going "No. Please don't go. Please. Stay." in the most dry tone possible.

2. droski

droski Traffic Criminal

justin wilcox special. also gave arizona it's only win the year before that.

NorrisAlan likes this.
  3. NorrisAlan

At least you are paying him 3 mill a year to lose.

4. HCKevinSteele

HCKevinSteele Well-Known Member

There have been moments where he says the quiet part out loud about college football, and it’s refreshing to hear someone be honest about reality.

Most of his BS doesn’t fit that bill though imo.

5. ole_orange

ole_orange Board Simp

Yea one moment I’ll be watching one of his speeches and think “damn, Deion is inspiringly spitting some real wisdom and truth about life/football. This might actually work out great”….then a few hours later I’ll read about the latest ridiculous BS Deion coaching antic and think to myself “This might become the biggest coaching train wreck in college football history”.

Feels like this is going to be either Pete Carrol at USCesque or [ddiapos] deciding not to sign a single lineman in a class. No in between likely

6. Ssmiff

Ssmiff Went to the White House...Again

He will get talent, but not everybody can play, so what then.

7. ole_orange

ole_orange Board Simp

If he’s worth a salt as a coach and can actually sustain major success at a P5 program it won’t matter. All the great college coaches know how to manage a locker room within a program loaded with talent. Big IF obviously…

8. Volst53

Volst53 Super Moderator

pretty sure he’s already got a replacements and is about to flip the talent gap.

Pac-Man Jones is saying he’s got 12-15 former 5 and 4 stars and then about 20-25 more players about to announce their transfer to Colorado

9. Volst53

Volst53 Super Moderator

Major College football is one of the largest entertainment businesses and operations in the world and it’s a mistake for everyone not to just accept it’s a business.

I’m glad players can move around more easily now instead of just being stuck in a bad situation. That doesn’t come with some negatives but is still an overall positive.

Volgrad98 and NorrisAlan like this.
  10. zehr27

zehr27 8th's VIP

Deion will load that roster. Only thing I'm certain of.

11. IP

IP Super Moderator

Let's say Colorado goes out and wins like 8 or 9 games this year, then 10+ the next. How long does sanders stay there?

12. NorrisAlan

two years

13. droski

droski Traffic Criminal

the good news is he has a fully guaranteed contract

NorrisAlan likes this.
  14. justingroves

justingroves supermod

Until his son is out of eligibility

15. Ssmiff

Ssmiff Went to the White House...Again

The way he sets it up and delivery is good stuff.

16. JohnnyQuickkick

JohnnyQuickkick Calcio correspondent

Bammer looks to be having some quawtahback issues, hate that for em

NorrisAlan likes this.
  17. CardinalVol

CardinalVol Uncultured, non-diverse mod

Taking the kid from ND? Well.

18. IP

IP Super Moderator

Bama fans are whistling past the graveyard, too. They expect to be championship contenders because they always are. But if they don't have a passing game they're going to lose a handful of games. They dropped 2 with one of the best qb's of the last several years. TAMU may get them
    LSU and the Vols may get them again. Texas is going to come in looking for a statement. The one thing going for them is some of the tougher games are at home. But if a bunch of silver spoon bammers get knocked off a path to a championship early because of bad qb play, the wheels may come off.

19. NorrisAlan

[​IMG]

20. IP

IP Super Moderator

Imagine an iron bowl where they are both playing for bowl eligibility.

justingroves and PilotFlyingJ like this.