Random college football thread

Discussion in 'Sports' started by zero-sum, May 9, 2015.

1. HCKevinSteele

HCKevinSteele Well-Known Member

Had a roommate in grad school who played D3 college football but was from LA and had no idea about southern culture/ SEC culture. I showed him the Harvey Updyke pictures with elephant hat/ video where he talks about poisoning trees and says “Pawlll I just got too much Bama in me”. He laughed a little bit and said that’s a funny skit. When I assured him it was real he was crying laughing.

No parody is needed with Bama fans. No other fan base is in the same universe.

2. warhammer

warhammer Chieftain

Being from Lower Alabama, he should have understood.

yont sum iss? likes this.
  3. warhammer

warhammer Chieftain

Move there. Live among them. Tell me how much you doubt its sincerity.

4. ole_orange

ole_orange Board Simp

5. utvol0427

utvol0427 Chieftain

Memtownvol, NorrisAlan and IP like this.
  6. utvol0427

utvol0427 Chieftain

7. warhammer

warhammer Chieftain

I am enjoying this way too much.

Memtownvol and NorrisAlan like this.
  8. PilotFlyingJ

PilotFlyingJ Chieftain

Just wait. This will not peak until Auburn crushes them.

Memtownvol and justingroves like this.
  9. warhammer

warhammer Chieftain

I'm hopeful their souls will be crushed well before that.

10. NorrisAlan

NorrisAlan Founder of the Mike Honcho Fan Club

What is your over under on Deboer at Bama?

4.5 years I say.

11. IP

IP Super Moderator

3.5, I think.

Memtownvol likes this.
  12. dknash

dknash Chieftain

With the roster attrition, 8-4 is easily on the table (or worse). I think it gets really ugly really quickly.

warhammer likes this.
  13. IP

IP Super Moderator

The kind of person who goes to Bama is not likely going to weather a bad season and a rebuild. Especially those who are upper classmen.

14. Poppa T

Poppa T Vol Geezer

I am enjoying the melt down, immensely.

I am wondering if the portal transfers would have happened even with Saban there. And perhaps, helped make his decision to bail. This way somebody else gets blamed. He is after all, a dickhead.

NorrisAlan and IP like this.
  15. warhammer

warhammer Chieftain

2.5 is what I've been thinking, but I can see 3.5 if he recruits better than he's ever shown capable.

16. IP

IP Super Moderator

I just have a hard time seeing them fire him inside of 3 years so long as he isn't winning 4 or less games. But they are kind of crazy.

17. dknash

dknash Chieftain

If he's won 15 games or less after year 2 (8-5, 7-6), he's going to need 24/7 Secret Service-level protection within state borders

Conventional wisdom is take the job, get paid even if you fail. I feel like there's a non-zero chance one of their fans fires him before the AD does

18. Unimane

Unimane Kill "The Caucasian"

I've seen this league eat coaches who simply don't realize the level of crazy they are entering. He seems like a guy who thinks he has an idea, but only until he gets punched in the mouth.

To be fair, I'd go get [uck fay]ing paid, too. Cash out, dude, I have nothing negative to say on you for this.

19. warhammer

warhammer Chieftain

I'm hoping for a Bill Curry type situation.

20. Ssmiff

Ssmiff Went to the White House...Again

I think USF in week 2 will be a problem for them. Then at Wisconsin and who knows. Then Ga. They could as easily be 1-3 as 3-1 going into Vandy and still will have TN, OK, lsu and auburn.