Random college football thread

Discussion in 'Sports' started by zero-sum, May 9, 2015.

1. chavisut

chavisut Dan Mullen Fan Club President

2. bostonvol

bostonvol Chieftain

Ridiculously early is right

3. droski

droski Traffic Criminal

4. bostonvol

bostonvol Chieftain

Eason transferring to Washington. Pretty much been a forgone conclusion for a while.

5. justingroves

justingroves supermod

6. A-Smith

A-Smith Chieftain

Not much will change between now and September I wouldn't think.

7. chavisut

chavisut Dan Mullen Fan Club President

I think they were fairly young and return a lot. I'm guessing they are banking on the offense being elite with Grier and Sills back.

8. kptvol

kptvol Super Moderator

LSU names Steve Ensminger as new OC. To get ahead of things, they should go ahead and schedule an AD press conference announcing the firing at the end of the season.

9. CardinalVol

CardinalVol Uncultured, non-diverse mod

What in the world happened that made it so bad LSU and Canada decided to just split?

10. kptvol

kptvol Super Moderator

Just for reference, the last two times he's been an OC, it's lasted for one season and the head coach got fired.

11. kptvol

kptvol Super Moderator

Micromanaging cave man.

12. A-Smith

A-Smith Chieftain

I would say you could do a legitimate preseason ranking any time after Jan 15.

13. lylsmorr

lylsmorr Super Moderator

Orgeron's OC looks like an older version of Orgeron

14. Volst53

Volst53 Super Moderator

Coach O thought all the motions was too complicated and forced him to change his system for the Troy game.

I think there’s a pretty good chance that it was a forced marriage from the beginning from boosters and the AD on him being the head coach.

15. bigpapavol

bigpapavol Chieftain

I should have looked hard at Olympic sports coordinators. It is an olympics year. P

16. bostonvol

bostonvol Chieftain

Apparently he and Orgeron hated each other.

17. bostonvol

bostonvol Chieftain

If next season goes to shit, AD will be gone as well. It’s criminal how he’s handled the football program over the past 2-3 seasons.

18. zehr27

zehr27 8th's VIP

That's putting it nicely.

19. RockyHill

RockyHill Loves Auburn more than Tennessee.

You can have a cheerleader head coach with boss coordinators if the cheerleader is a strong leader and not demonstrably retarded. This was doomed from the start.

20. CardinalVol

CardinalVol Uncultured, non-diverse mod

Did a little digging and it was known in late October this wasn't going to work. Sounds like Canada is very confident in himself.....to a fault.