Random college football thread

Discussion in 'Sports' started by zero-sum, May 9, 2015.

1. kptvol

kptvol Super Moderator

That is hilariously embarrassing.

2. NorrisAlan

NorrisAlan Founder of the Mike Honcho Fan Club

[uck fay] Butch Jones.

3. zehr27

zehr27 8th's VIP

Did we have a clause in his contact that he has to try and find gainful employment? I would think being an analyst forever is not sufficient. He is extremely lazy and damn near unemployable which is BS.

4. kptvol

kptvol Super Moderator

He supposedly turned down a job at Maryland. I would think we would be off the hook for whatever salary he was offered.

zehr27 likes this.
  5. IP

IP Super Moderator

can he at least be forced to provide a written confirmation that he has been seeking a coaching job?

6. kptvol

kptvol Super Moderator

It's really, really funny that he's been there the whole time and Alabama had to completely replace their offensive staff and he still hasn't come close to being anything more than a coffee boy.

OneForVol, IP and justingroves like this.
  7. kptvol

kptvol Super Moderator

He has the most effective agent in the nation and there were somewhere between 13 and 14 billion job openings last offseason. I think he's really wanting to get at least one NC ring so he can point to that as a real accomplishment rather than hire a team of researchers to discover obscure statistical achievements like he had at UT.

IP and justingroves like this.
  8. NorrisAlan

If UT is smart, they do not fight this one bit. Every dollar he earns while infecting Alabama with his giant [ussy pay] is a dollar well spent as far as UT is concerned.

9. InVolNerable

InVolNerable Fark Master Flex

Tweets been deleted. What’d it say?

10. zehr27

zehr27 8th's VIP

If I'm Fulmer I would be staying on top of this. Butch is bitter and acting like a [itch bay].

IP likes this.
  11. IP

IP Super Moderator

Which, to me, means he isn't really looking to get a staff position as quickly as possible. Whadda douche.

justingroves and zehr27 like this.
  12. zehr27

zehr27 8th's VIP

Larry Fedora joining Texas as an offensive analyst. Butch 2.0.

13. Volgrad98

Volgrad98 Contributor

Yeah but I'm sure he's getting plenty of texts and calls from his coaching friends telling to hold out until the head job comes open. I'm also sure the bama players are writing him nice notes as well.

justingroves likes this.
  14. bostonvol

bostonvol Chieftain

http://www.espn.com/college-footbal...-warfare-football-strategies-washington-state

Washington State head coach Mike Leach will launch a five-class seminar this spring titled "Insurgent Warfare and Football Strategies" that will be open to 40 students on Washington State's Pullman campus.

Interested students can submit applications starting Tuesday. As part of the application process, students must submit two essays of no longer than 200 words that answer the following questions: Can the British strategy in the Malaya insurgency be used today? Is the wishbone a potentially viable offense for the NFL? Why or why not?

utvol0427 and NorrisAlan like this.
  15. TennTradition

TennTradition Super Moderator

That’s fantastic.

16. SGMVols

SGMVols Contributor

Reports coming out today that Amari Rodgers tore his ACL in practice. Great, another Alabama title on the way. [uck fay].

17. zehr27

zehr27 8th's VIP

That sucks balls for him. Hopefully he heals quickly. That freshman and Higgins is about all they really need.

18. InVolNerable

InVolNerable Fark Master Flex

Yeah, Ross torched them in the NCG.

19. NorrisAlan

20. JohnnyQuickkick

JohnnyQuickkick Calcio correspondent

Happy Bobby Petrino Motorcycle Accident Day

justingroves, utvol0427 and IP like this.