Random college football thread

Discussion in 'Sports' started by zero-sum, May 9, 2015.

1. justingroves

justingroves supermod

Muschamp is a shitty head coach that's also a raging asshole, I understand why you would can him regardless of what's going on around you. I would argue he should never have been interviewed, much less hired.

Mason wasn't very good, but he's had 20+ players take off due to covid.

2. IP

IP Super Moderator

let's see who replaces each, too. if it is true that scar is going cheap, they may as well waited a year and lined something up. that's especially important if you are bargain shopping

3. NorrisAlan

NorrisAlan Founder of the Mike Honcho Fan Club

Lord knows we should be experts at it by now.

4. justingroves

justingroves supermod

It's looking like Shane Beamer is going to end up there, which is laughable. If Clark Lea comes home for Vandy, that's a worthwhile gamble

zehr27 likes this.
  5. CardinalVol

CardinalVol Uncultured, non-diverse mod

I know it's his alma mater and all, but I just can't see why he'd take it.

6. justingroves

justingroves supermod

Millions of dollars to coach at home for 3 years and then move on

7. lumberjack4

lumberjack4 Chieftain

Seems like a risk. James Franklin is the only Vandy coach I can think of, that stepped up. Feels like its been a career ender for most people.

8. CardinalVol

Same here. I dunno. DC at ND seems like he'll get a higher look just because if he will wait.

9. NorrisAlan

DiNardo went on to LSU afterward, but yeah, for the most part it is a career killer.

10. droski

droski Traffic Criminal

yeah, but you have such a low bar you can still be considered a genius even if you don't win big. look at jeff brohm.

justingroves likes this.
  11. justingroves

justingroves supermod

Franklin won 9 twice at Vandy and only had one win over a team that finished ranked

droski likes this.
  12. IP

IP Super Moderator

if vandy beats you, hard to finish ranked. with how many teams there are, eliminating the 9 vandy beats from consideration is easy

justingroves and NorrisAlan like this.
  13. IP

IP Super Moderator

Okay, so I will be the asshole (some more):

A disproportionately large deal has been made about the female kicker who kicked one (1) squib kickoff on Saturday. She was not the first woman to play college football. She in fact may have been the 6th? Other women, or at least one anyway, actually scored an XP. And this one didn't exactly boom the kick, did she? It wasn't even to a high school level. "First in a Power 5 game" is slicing the onion awfully thin, and seems a slight on Katie Hnida.

Katie Hnida is my ceiling breaker. [uck fay] the Commodores. There. I said it. It needed to be said.

[​IMG]

SetVol13, warhammer and justingroves like this.
  14. JohnnyQuickkick

JohnnyQuickkick Calcio correspondent

imo it’s a publicity stunt, no more, no less.

15. utvol0427

utvol0427 Chieftain

Has Vanderbilt not been playing women this whole time?

Ssmiff, NorrisAlan and VolDad like this.
  16. CardinalVol

Media has to fawn over something.

17. NorrisAlan

They were very insistent on saying "first P5 female player", I guess that makes a difference. And did that Colorado player actually play or just suit up?

18. Ssmiff

Ssmiff Went to the White House...Again

She got special teams SEC co player of the week.

19. utvol0427

utvol0427 Chieftain

The Make a Wish kid we've trotted out at QB all season hasn't gotten enough coverage, imo.

20. droski

droski Traffic Criminal

she immediately ran off the field during the kickoff and also asked to talk to the team at halftime and lectured them for not having good energy and rooting for their teammates like it was a little league game