Random college football thread

Discussion in 'Sports' started by zero-sum, May 9, 2015.

1. lumberjack4

lumberjack4 Chieftain

I thought lowder had his balls chopped off a few years ago.

2. zehr27

zehr27 8th's VIP

Harsin is putting a pretty shitty staff together already. I'm happy for him.

InVolNerable likes this.
  3. zehr27

zehr27 8th's VIP

At one time I would have said that this is a great hire but now I think most of the SEC has his defense figured out so I'm not sure how good he will do at Auburn. He definitely will have better pieces to work with.

4. justingroves

justingroves supermod

He's smart enough to go after guys with SEC experience, but they've all sucked in the SEC. I do think Mason can still be a good DC

5. JohnnyQuickkick

JohnnyQuickkick Calcio correspondent

He considers experience experience.

6. zehr27

zehr27 8th's VIP

I'm very interested to see how Mason does with some quality players. It felt like the last few years either the rest of the SEC caught on to his defensive schemes or he quit trying. I'm leaning towards quit trying since he was at Vandy.

7. Savage Orange

Savage Orange I need ammunition, not a ride. -V Zelensky.

Maybe I have CFB tunnel vision to where I only really pay attention to southern programs but what exactly did Tony Romo do in college that warranted election to the CFBHOF?? I don’t recall ever hearing his name until he got to Dallas...

VolDad likes this.
  8. Johnny Utah

Johnny Utah Well-Known Member

Three time conference player of the year. Three time all-American. Winner of the Walter Payton Award, which is basically the 1-AA/FCS equivalent of the Heisman.

9. JohnnyQuickkick

JohnnyQuickkick Calcio correspondent

Eastern Illinois or some such, right?

10. Johnny Utah

It’s early, but after one possession by each team, this looks like a total mismatch.

utvol0427 likes this.
  11. JT5

JT5 Super Moderator

I think Ohio State will be fine, but they need to be vertical and attack Bama’s secondary.

12. Unimane

Unimane Kill "The Caucasian"

I think we've seen the last of Jaylen Waddle and Sermon.

13. Johnny Utah

That was impressive

14. JT5

JT5 Super Moderator

They’re both going into the 40s tonight.

15. Johnny Utah

I can’t stand when teams try to hurry up and get a play off with just a few seconds left in the quarter.

16. InVolNerable

InVolNerable Fark Master Flex

I love it. Reminds me of playing NCAA and trying to rack up some stats.

17. justingroves

justingroves supermod

He went to an FCS school

18. Savage Orange

Savage Orange I need ammunition, not a ride. -V Zelensky.

I knew it was a small school but now that I’ve checked his Wikipedia page out, I still don’t see HOF-worthiness in what he did there... had he not gone on to a stellar NFL career I doubt he’d even be considered... maybe I’m wrong though. It happens frequently with me!!

19. Unimane

Unimane Kill "The Caucasian"

I have to say, the Alabama play calling is exquisite.

20. utvol0427

utvol0427 Chieftain

When I was younger, I loved a 14-10 type defensive game. As I get older, I'll take the offenses running up and down the field any day.