Random college football thread

Discussion in 'Sports' started by zero-sum, May 9, 2015.

1. JohnnyQuickkick

JohnnyQuickkick Calcio correspondent

Jackie Chiles

InVolNerable and PilotFlyingJ like this.
  2. A-Smith

A-Smith Chieftain

lol Georgia fans on twitter want Jimbo to shut up. Can't blame them. UGA and Bama need the same moment we had with Pruitt.

IP likes this.
  3. NorrisAlan

NorrisAlan Founder of the Mike Honcho Fan Club

The 8th in front of our computers:

[​IMG]

4. IP

IP Super Moderator

That's the blatant hypocrisy. Pruitt did that everywhere, it just only mattered here.

SetVol13 and justingroves like this.
  5. CardinalVol

CardinalVol Uncultured, non-diverse mod

Today may have to be one of those rare "listen to Finebaum" days.

justingroves likes this.
  6. HCKevinSteele

HCKevinSteele Well-Known Member

Pruitt and his crew that came up with him from Bama are the best example. They cheated like nobody was looking or would look because at Alabama nobody would dare look. They didn't all the sudden start cheating or start doing it in the dumbest ways imaginable. That's what they knew.

utvol0427 and A-Smith like this.
  7. CardinalVol

CardinalVol Uncultured, non-diverse mod

8. HCKevinSteele

Saban is just furious because Alabama is not going to be able to maintain such a preposterous talent advantage in a world where big time money is getting thrown around. All of his success has been predicated on out-talenting opponents. Against even talent he's nothing special at all.

OneForVol and IP like this.
  9. A-Smith

A-Smith Chieftain

I think Saban won a couple of championships (one at LSU and one at Alabama) against even talent. Haven’t gone back and looked at rosters and recruiting or anything but thats what I thought at the time. But I could also buy that he’s diminished over time and has relied on the talent gap for the last decade

10. IP

IP Super Moderator

He doesn't suck with even talent, but the dominance is absolutely due to stacking rosters. That is the difference between being in the mix every year and always being in the title game.

11. HCKevinSteele

I would have to look back over his time at Bama to really get a super accurate idea of record it but his record against even talent isn't good. Hell most of his losses are to teams with waaaayyyyy less talent.

Hell, against Hugh Freeze and Gus Malzahn, two former high school coaches that people love to laugh at, the "GOAT" went 8-5 with a sizeable talent advantage in all 13 contests.

12. justingroves

justingroves supermod

You're arguing with an Auburn fan about Nick Saban

IP likes this.
  13. HCKevinSteele

Am I wrong?

14. JohnnyQuickkick

How many losses is that, in what, 16 years?

15. utvol0427

utvol0427 Chieftain

Is he really an Auburn fan? Who is writing his posts and reading everything to him?

16. HCKevinSteele

What's your point exactly? If it's that he's a great coach, ok. I'm not going to sit here and say it hasn't been an incredibly impressive run. No doubt about it. To me the most impressive thing about Saban is that he's managed to keep his hands around it all and never lose a team or anything like that with so many talented people on the roster. That's a testament to his ability to lead. I would not argue any other modern coach could have done as well if given the same level of talent advantage over that time. But in my view, the reason is that nobody could is because they would have had it unravel because of scandal, fractured locker rooms, etc. My point is simply that he has enjoyed a preposterous talent advantage essentially the entire time he's been at Alabama.

Not counting the first year in 2007 he's 176-19. In how many of those games was the talent level even?

17. JohnnyQuickkick

not reading all that but my point is he’s basically always got a talent advantage, so most losses will be to a less talented team, and there’s not that many of them. And even when he has even talent I’d say he holds his own.

18. SGMVols

SGMVols Contributor

When the “aights” start flying out of Saban’s mouth after every sentence, that’s when you know he’s lying.

OneForVol, SetVol13 and justingroves like this.
  19. justingroves

justingroves supermod

Yeah

20. HCKevinSteele

About?