POLITICS Random Political/Legal

Discussion in 'Politicants' started by fl0at_, Jun 7, 2021.

1. IP

IP Super Moderator

This post wasn't the hit I thought it would be.

2. droski

droski Traffic Criminal

no. there just isn't money in auditing poor people. it's a risk reward situation. you do see a lot of audits in the $0-$25k range, but that is rich people writing off everything.

[​IMG]

3. IP

IP Super Moderator

Oh come the [uck fay] on, you think 1 out of 3 billionaires is audited every year?

4. droski

droski Traffic Criminal

i read it as 30% of people audited make over $10 mil a year. but yeah billionaires get audited a shit ton

5. droski

droski Traffic Criminal

say they audit the guy making $70k and find out he owes $5k. Now audit the guy making $70 mil and find out he owes $5 mil. which is a better use of the irs' time?

6. IP

IP Super Moderator

100% agree. That would make sense. But it isn't what is happening.

https://www.cbsnews.com/news/irs-audit-eitc-five-times-as-likely-to-get-audited/

I suppose it depends on how one divides it up, to some extent.

7. droski

droski Traffic Criminal

again. those are rich people with massive deductions. a poor person isn't getting audited. they are getting a letter in the mail saying they underpaid taxes maybe, but an audit? why? there is nothing complicated enough for a poor person to get audited.

8. Poppa T

Poppa T Vol Geezer

When I retired, I stopped doing my own taxes.

A good certified Tax guy is worth every penny and not all that expensive. Jmo.

Not only is he local, he works directly with my FA; he keeps up with tax changes pending/active and helps me mitigate any negative impact; he makes sure I have no red flags that tilt the IRS automated system; a letter to the IRS with the Tax guy's letterhead seems to garner more respect and action than mine; and he deals with them directly in the event of an audit.

zehr27 likes this.
  9. Poppa T

Poppa T Vol Geezer

I had a military buddy that worked for IRS after he got out. He told me that (at the time) one of their performance measurements was on the number of audits they completed and it was a hell of lot easier to hit up a bunch of little guys than 1 or 2 big guys, not too mention. He also said there was a "process" and special group that did "big" guys and another team (with lawyers) IF there was an audit.

Edit: maybe things have changed.

droski likes this.
  10. droski

droski Traffic Criminal

everything I’ve read says they don’t bother with small returns anymore and basically don’t audit much at all. As I said before, your average poor person doesn’t have a complicated return and just i sent a letter saying they owe X dollars

11. droski

droski Traffic Criminal

really depends how complicated the return is. I do my own returns despite owning a business which is probably not bright, but if you don’t own a business or have rental property or have k-1s TurboTax or whatever is pretty easy and accurate

12. Unimane

Unimane Kill "The Caucasian"

Other than "Go [uck fay] yourself, you halfwit pile of dogshit", I would've told Doocy here that Kavanaugh ruled against a "right to privacy" a couple of weeks ago, so piss off with your cries here. Not to mention, the court ruled against barriers outside abortion clinics in 2014, so scared young girls have had to run the gauntlet of vitriol for their appointments at Planned Parenthood for years. No concern there, but Kavanaugh not eating in peace should be illegal or something?

I do think this Press Secretary is worse than Psaki, who would've given a more succinct and dismissive answer befitting the [uck fay]tard. She wastes too much verbiage trying to argue with him here. It's a stupid, loaded question. Treat it as such.

JudgmentVol likes this.
  13. peelwonder

peelwonder Member

This administration is an utter clown show and unfortunately Biden is just a puppet. But hey no mean tweets am I right? and no I can’t stand Trump but this buffoon in chief is another level of incompetence.

14. IP

IP Super Moderator

People didn't like Trump for reasons unrelated to tweets. That's pure cope and sounds like my 60 year old dad.

This administration isn't great, but it is light years more stable than the last one. The Biden administration's biggest problem is that they are too soft and seem to think that their opponents will just come around.

SetVol13, JudgmentVol and NorrisAlan like this.
  15. justingroves

justingroves supermod

Biden is a terrible public speaker in a much different way than Trump's terrible public speaking abilities, too.

SetVol13 and NorrisAlan like this.
  16. zehr27

zehr27 8th's VIP

One can't speak properly (when he actually speaks) and the other didn't know when to shut up.

17. Ssmiff

Ssmiff Went to the White House...Again

Trump can’t win. Far right will be more angry and fired up and far left even more pissed off daily even when getting their way already.
    Whoever it is, as a Country we need to look and be strong again in everything. We look weak af across the board and always focused on the wrong shit to deflect from major problems.

18. Volst53

Volst53 Super Moderator

Trump had good policies but didn’t know how to play politics at all or tone down fighting everything on every hill.

Biden is a cluster [uck fay] on policies and picking people on social scores instead of abilities, but gets favorable coverage and knows the game.

justingroves and zehr27 like this.
  19. HCKevinSteele

HCKevinSteele Well-Known Member

I hear you, but when both the president and vice president are frequently incapable of speaking at an adult level, clown show isn’t an unfair descriptor.

20. Ssmiff

Ssmiff Went to the White House...Again

I still can’t fathom putting politics ahead of friends and family as so many have done. Ridiculous.