POLITICS Random Political/Legal

Discussion in 'Politicants' started by fl0at_, Jun 7, 2021.

1. HCKevinSteele

HCKevinSteele Well-Known Member

You seem to do this a lot, and it’s puzzling to me because as much as we’ve gone back and forth there’s never been a time where I thought you weren’t intellectually dishonest or were insincere.

But you seem to not grasp that you’ve never heard someone say that because nobody has ever said it. They wouldn’t. Instead they might mention slavery or social justice or all policing is racist or equity or BLM or whatever. That’s how the left works now. And to be clear, when I say the left I’m not lumping you or Unimand or anyone into it. I’m not saying yall agree with it, but it is happening all the same.

2. CardinalVol

CardinalVol Uncultured, non-diverse mod

The same AG that took dead aim at the NCAA told Lee that there was no way they would win if this went to court and we better repeal it.

The listing of companies getting it is absurd.

3. HCKevinSteele

Two different issues and that one is much harder to fix

4. IP

IP Super Moderator

Here, it is the same issue. That is most of our violent crime. Teenagers.

5. HCKevinSteele

Well so we’re clear it’s not what I’m talking about. What you’re talking about is cultural. What I’m talking about is more base level certain % of people are going to be violent criminals and there’s not much you can do to change that so you have to put them in prison.

6. IP

IP Super Moderator

So we agree that no one actually said violent offenders should be allowed to freely offend. But you have decided that is what some people really mean if they talk about social justice or policing. I disagree.

7. IP

IP Super Moderator

What I am saying is that isn't really solving it, as evidenced by the new crop of teenage shooters and car thieves every year. They get locked up, then the next year a new group fills the gang war niche. I am not saying stop arresting anyone or prematurely release previous years' offenders. I am just saying clearly that has little effect on 14 to 16 year olds going bad.

8. HCKevinSteele

I think you have approximately zero ability to interpret subtext sometimes. Nobody says it because they can’t say it. And I’m not saying anyone wants violent crime in a vacuum, but consider maybe other ways in which it might serve someone’s interests.

9. IP

IP Super Moderator

Like a batman villain who needs to keep a bullpen of henchmen available?

10. HCKevinSteele

You clearly aren’t reading my posts. The people I’ve been talking about this entire time don’t really go bad as much as they’re just born with a screw loose, wires crossed, whatever you wanna call it. Different group from what you’re talking about and a different problem, though the one you’re describing is also very serious. And unfortunately I think the best answer is probably extremely heavy handed enforcement. Isn’t a lot of the teenager crime in DC (I recall reading about rampant carjacking but idk) a recent/post-covid thing? Not to say it didn’t exist before but you get what I mean.

11. HCKevinSteele

No. Like someone moving humans around like pawns to achieve a political end.

12. Ssmiff

Ssmiff Went to the White House...Again

DC has a shitty parents problem. That’s where it all starts anyway.

13. kptvol

kptvol Super Moderator

Put them in jail. Problem solved.

14. Unimane

Unimane Kill "The Caucasian"

No, that does not solve the problem. It typically just postpones or even creates greater issues. I worked in juvenile detention for a couple of years and, if you want to create kids who are destined to be warehoused for their lives, then begin the process early because that's what's going to happen. Now, of course, some of those kids I met were real dangers to society. I'm not talking about them.

As with most people, getting them involved in less criminal activity is a long game.

15. Unimane

So, Kristy Noem is a dog murderer...

16. HCKevinSteele

Wasn’t aware of it so I had to google. Holy shit. I understand maybe not everyone feels as strongly as I do and that’s fine, but to me that disqualifies a person from being in my life in any way. Like if somehow my kid is friends with her kid that is over immediately. She cannot come into my home. There is no scenario, no matter how inconsequential, where I could trust her to behave with a shred of decency or humanity.

17. Unimane

I do have to say I'm weirded out a bit by people who overly humanize dogs. Still, for me, abusing a dog, much less shooting it in a ditch, is also a way to get you from my friend sphere. The fact her kids asked about the dog and she had to hide it was pretty revealing, too.

[itch bay], just give the dog away. I guarantee someone will want it.

18. kptvol

kptvol Super Moderator

I was not seriously suggesting that putting a kid’s parents in jail for being bad parents would prevent the kid from engaging in poor behavior.

19. Unimane

Ah, I kind of mistook this to be a response to the earlier line of conversation where this was about the kids.

Never mind, then. Carry on.

20. kptvol

kptvol Super Moderator

A few weeks in the slammer would probably make you consider your future responses more carefully.

justingroves, Ssmiff and IP like this.