POLITICS Random Political/Legal

Discussion in 'Politicants' started by fl0at_, Jun 7, 2021.

1. ole_orange

ole_orange Board Simp

Deranged left wing lunatic murders a teenager because he was an evil “Republican”. Surprised political violence like this this hasn’t happened more, especially on the heels of POTUS giving that ridiculous ultimatum primetime speech telling his supporters that you are either with him or “against democracy”. Never know how the political crazies are gonna react to extreme rhetoric. This needs to be the #1 story in America, we need a national conversation on how we are going to handle these political terrorists
    https://nypost.com/2022/09/21/shannon-brandt-free-after-admitting-he-mowed-down-republican-teen/amp/

2. justingroves

justingroves supermod

If they can't do anything but civil suits, it's just political theater

ole_orange and zehr27 like this.
  3. The Dooz

The Dooz Super Moderator

Politics is theater by nature. And the second act doesn’t seem to be going as well for our protagonist and his family of shills and hanger oners.

4. IP

IP Super Moderator

What is funny is the civil suit is called political theater. The impeachments were called political theater.

And if a criminal indictment comes for his obvious mistreatment of classified documents in violation of a law he signed? Still will be called political theater.

Could shoot a man in broad daylight. He's got people under a spell. So bizarre.

NorrisAlan and Unimane like this.
  5. Unimane

Unimane Kill "The Caucasian"

This isn't the first time he's faced legal consequences. Anyone want to get a degree from Trump University? Donate to the Trump Foundation? And, rich folks are notoriously easy to convict, right? He's also bullied untold numbers of people into dropping lawsuits when their pockets aren't as deep as his.

He'll get his day in court. Political theater won't matter much then.

6. ole_orange

ole_orange Board Simp

Literally heard this for years. He’s more likely to get his day in the Oval Office as the 47th POTUS than he is “in court”

7. ole_orange

ole_orange Board Simp

He has the powerful Dem politicians and elected officials from New York who are the ones tasked with protecting society against his criminality under a spell? Not exactly like the Pillow Guy on Fox News is heading up all these investigations into Trump that continues to produce zero indictments. Political theatre

8. Unimane

The Attorney General of New York filed a lawsuit against him today, not some internet chatter or "lock him up" chants at some rally. He's more likely to settle or get his day in court than ever see the Oval Office again.

9. ole_orange

ole_orange Board Simp

Why a zero sum philosophy? All could be true

10. Unimane

"More likely" is not zero sum. But, I highly doubt he ever gets near the White House again.

11. ole_orange

ole_orange Board Simp

He’s shocked the world before, he could do it again. Especially if Dems trot out a ticket as underwhelming and uninspiring as Joe/Kamala again. Feds or a clogged artery from years of fast food better take him out, otherwise he’s a serious contender in 2024. One of only like 4 or 5 people on this Earth who have a legit shot at being elected potus in 24

12. The Dooz

The Dooz Super Moderator

We sure this isn’t a Tenny alias account.

13. ole_orange

ole_orange Board Simp

Nah just a product of a Republican elected school board from Williamson County where we have the highest test scores in the state and were trained to be cynical of all points of view politically when learning about American civics. I’m merely from a public school system where we weren’t brainwashed by activist progressive minded teachers that Republican politics represents evil, that’s all.

Plus my posts are way too short to be Tenny

14. Unimane

He's far more damaged goods than he was in 2016 or even 2020. He has a major problem with suburban women and much the middle is ready to move on from his shit show. He could probably get the nomination because the crazy wing of the GOP has the party mainstreamers petrified right now, plus he's old and not aging well. He also has dwindling numbers turning out for his "I've Been Wronged" road show with only the hard core giving a shit.

Of course, I never say never, as I mentioned earlier this year with the current mid terms. However, I see 2024 very unlikely for Trump.

15. ole_orange

ole_orange Board Simp

If he simply wins the nomination and the world continues to go to shit as people notice their 401ks and the value of dollar diminish- and if basic things like energy costs start to increase like they are in Europe- he absolutely could flip purple states and obtain at least 270 electoral votes again. It’ll be either him or Desantis in 24. Don’t foresee anyone else on the GOP side that could usurp the two favorites in the clubhouse. He’s one of 4 or 5 people on this planet currently that could actually win the WH in 24. Until he literally dies, I’d never count out Teflon Don politically

16. JohnnyQuickkick

JohnnyQuickkick Calcio correspondent

what a time to be alive

17. ole_orange

ole_orange Board Simp

It really is. Nevermind the nuttiness of US and Global politics. We are also the first humans in the history of our species interfacing with new technologies like iPhones and iPads. We all have unlimited access to information 24/7. Most of us are Vitamin D deficient simply because we no longer have to spend a lot of time outside in the sun, ect.

Our species is enduring real time monumental change to how we play out our lives. All we can do is live in the moment, but I think we vastly underestimate just how spectacularly wild this particular time is to be a human being.

18. justingroves

justingroves supermod

If they could criminally indict him, they would have. I honestly wish they could find something to criminally indict but they won't because they can't.

19. IP

IP Super Moderator

The 11th circuit just gave the doj permission to access the seized classified docs today. Too early to say what won't happen.

20. Unimane

Good grief.