POLITICS Random Political/Legal

Discussion in 'Politicants' started by fl0at_, Jun 7, 2021.

1. emainvol

emainvol Administrator

So Elon is simping Kim now?

2. zehr27

zehr27 8th's VIP

Good point. I was thinking they might be able to shut him up the old fashion way.

3. zehr27

zehr27 8th's VIP

That is completely false and you know it.

4. IP

IP Super Moderator

I agree. It's funny and a meme to say that, but it definitely is not true. They were in an exchange about the other stuff and that was just the parting shot. He was banned for the other stuff.

5. zehr27

zehr27 8th's VIP

Exactly but the real story doesn't play as well. Musk is a weirdo but he did the right thing and suspended a total lunatic before things got even worse.

"Just clarifying that his account is being suspended for incitement to violence, not an unflattering picture of me being hosed by Ari," Musk wrote.

He further joked, "Frankly, I found those pics to be helpful motivation to lose weight!"

6. IP

IP Super Moderator

BUT-- this is why there were rules. Musk can't monitor and deal with the millions of users personally like he can a guy like Ye. And so that is why there were rules.

7. ole_orange

ole_orange Board Simp

With all the Twitter drama that has been unfolding for months now, when will everyone learn that the 1st Amendment has nothing to do with how a private company like Twitter enforces their own rules? Never?

Maybe in the end Musk indeed turns out to be a true hypocrite when it comes to his “town square” platitudes with how his company goes about enforcing rules. At the end of the day Musk being an inconsistent hypocrite with how Twitter regulates their site moving forward still has nothing to do with the 1st Amendment. People that fall on both sides of the political spectrum actually are under the impression that Twitter is a Government utility or something. We’ve got idiots like Elizabeth Warren now parroting the exact same incorrect BS many Rep politicians for years have said about Twitter violating people’s 1st Amendment rights as if Twitter is the United States Government. Come on America, learn some damn basic civics

justingroves likes this.
  8. gcbvol

gcbvol Fabulous Moderator

Yeah, and the place has definitely changed. It wasn't paradise before, but there is a lot more hateful stuff floating around now, especially in comments. I haven't left Twitter, but spending more time on Post now. I get Elon wants all voices heard, and that's his prerogative, but I can stomach only so much antigay, antisemitic, etc. content.

9. zehr27

zehr27 8th's VIP

Was the rule not applied? I'm confused.

10. lumberjack4

lumberjack4 Chieftain

Oh, that wasn't his final tweet? Elon was bending over backwards trying to let an insane anti-semite stay on his platform but decided after being made fun of it was no longer worth the effort.

11. lumberjack4

lumberjack4 Chieftain

Considering that he fired the overwhelming majority of the content moderators, I guess it's up to Elon to police it personally now. Maybe he'll learn over the next few weeks there was a reason that team existed at the level it was staffed at.

12. IP

IP Super Moderator

The rules Musk criticized and paused. And now the remaining rules are not enforced well because the moderators are fired or left.

13. zehr27

zehr27 8th's VIP

You really can't be this stupid

14. zehr27

zehr27 8th's VIP

Didn't answer my question.

15. ole_orange

ole_orange Board Simp

Wait, you actually are convinced that Kanye’s “Elon is fat” jokes is what got him banned yesterday and not *EVERYTHING* else posted yesterday such as Swastikas morphed into a Star of David? Man, I think your hatred of Musk is blinding you here

16. lumberjack4

lumberjack4 Chieftain

Bestow upon me your wisdom. He tweeted anti-semtic stuff he stayed on the platform because Elon was trying to help him and then he tweeted the pic and Elon said oh well and suspended him. Incitement of violence was no longer ok once he rebuffed Elon. If you have an alternate universe timeline of events please share.

If only we would have known in say October that Kayne was this way maybe none of this would have happened.

17. IP

IP Super Moderator

The answer is functionally "no," because the rules aren't being enforced anywhere. Musk invoked a vague rule for this case, but one can't say it is being "enforced" if it wasn't invoked until several violations right in front of the owner in a conversation.

For it to be enforced, there would have been no public back and forth between Ye and Musk. It would be, "sorry, you have violated the rules and are suspended." Instead of trying to reason with Ye.

18. zehr27

zehr27 8th's VIP

So you truly believe it was the shirtless pic not the star of David pick with a Nazi symbol that got him suspended? Yes or no?

What Musk said-

"Just clarifying that his account is being suspended for incitement to violence, not an unflattering picture of me being hosed by Ari," Musk wrote.

He further joked, "Frankly, I found those pics to be helpful motivation to lose weight!"

19. The Dooz

The Dooz Super Moderator

Kanye had at least a half dozen tweets between posting the swastika and the pic of fat Elon.

And one of those tweets was alleging that Kim had an affair with Chris Paul.

20. JohnnyQuickkick

JohnnyQuickkick Calcio correspondent

It isn’t any different at all for me but I generally stay out of those arenas