POLITICS Random Political/Legal

Discussion in 'Politicants' started by fl0at_, Jun 7, 2021.

1. zehr27

zehr27 8th's VIP

It's always the excuse. Both sides live by excuses.

2. Unimane

Unimane Kill "The Caucasian"

If you don't notice the difference in the approach to impeachment with this episode and the one with Trump, then you aren't paying much attention. Not to mention this isn't necessarily a GOP thing, but spearheaded by the Freedom Caucus crew who will, undoubtedly, pursue a Benghazi-like parade of hearings if guys like Jim Jordan are given the reins. It does remain to be seen if McCarthy has the votes to become Speaker as it is, so we'll have to find out which faction of the GOP is able to hold sway to know the real direction of the GOP.

3. IP

IP Super Moderator

Oil prices have been tumbling since last week. So weird, wonder what happened?

4. Volst53

Volst53 Super Moderator

China being a cluster [uck fay] and in collapse and the FED isn’t easing on tightening and raising rates is the biggest reason

5. droski

droski Traffic Criminal

global demand is decreasing

6. zehr27

zehr27 8th's VIP

When do we see it at the pump?

NorrisAlan likes this.
  7. IP

IP Super Moderator

Never, I guess. Gas was cheaper when oil was more expensive.

8. droski

droski Traffic Criminal

takes time to work through the system

zehr27 likes this.
  9. droski

droski Traffic Criminal

if it was that easy to manipulate and make big margins for refiners i doubt all of the major oil companies would have spun off their refining operations.

10. NorrisAlan

NorrisAlan Founder of the Mike Honcho Fan Club

One way, it does, yes.

11. CardinalVol

CardinalVol Uncultured, non-diverse mod

When you go too far for Alex Jones, you've accomplished something, ye.

12. zehr27

zehr27 8th's VIP

Dude will be broke in less than 2 years.

13. IP

IP Super Moderator

He is not well and needs professional help.

14. Equine Ducklings

Equine Ducklings New Member

WTF is the point of a strike if Congress can use brute force to nix it? I hope the rail workers tell them to fu€k the hell off.

Quiet quitting, sabotage, whatever you call it they need to do it. Don’t put up with it.

Quit being [ussies pay].

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Battle_of_Blair_Mountain

15. gcbvol

gcbvol Fabulous Moderator

It was insane. Four legit neo nazis with Jones trying to be the voice of reason. Unbelievable.

16. NorrisAlan

NorrisAlan Founder of the Mike Honcho Fan Club

I must have missed something

17. ole_orange

ole_orange Board Simp

This is why I never have understood the concept of deplatforming people. People with abhorrent views should always be allowed to display their idiocy to the masses. Shining light on the nuttiest of nutty ideas only enhances the overall MarketPlace of Ideas.

If anything decreeing individuals are "too dangerous" to be allowed to share their views on traditional/modern mainstream media platforms only emboldens their agenda. America use to have zero fear of "platforming" the most controversial and extreme thought influencers amongst us. Powerful platforms like the Phil Donahue Show (probably the biggest national daytime TV talkshow of its era) would never hesitate to allow characters such as Ferrakan, Duke, Black Hebrew leaders, neo-Nazis, ect. to explain their stupid points of view as a way to educate the masses why some people hold disgusting, controversial viewpoints.

Last edited: Dec 1, 2022
  18. ole_orange

ole_orange Board Simp

Also I know Trump has shattered the once conventional idea that only Governors, Senators, and Generals can run for High Office. But the idea that Kanye could ever actually be a serious threat for the Presidency like some believe has never made any damn sense to me. Say what you want about Trump, but at least Trump could somewhat talk shop when it came to politics. Whereas I've never heard Kanye make an actual coherent political argument. There's just no way he could garner any real grassroot supporters.

19. CardinalVol

Kanye was on Alex Jones show today and basically defended Hitler, nazis, etc. And Jones was offering him every lifeline to stop and he kept doubling down.

20. CardinalVol

Yes he does.