POLITICS Random Political/Legal

Discussion in 'Politicants' started by fl0at_, Jun 7, 2021.

1. JohnnyQuickkick

JohnnyQuickkick Calcio correspondent

I stood in line to vote in Townsend…. like everybody in town was in the A-L line and the M-Z line just walked in and walked out

2. zehr27

zehr27 8th's VIP

Voter suppression against people with the last name starting A-L.

3. ole_orange

ole_orange Board Simp

So "y'all" said. Reality differs. GA did a great job cleaning up their election processes after the 2020 disaster. Participation in the political process has never been better in that state. Things like record turnouts and Dems kicking ass in GA post "Jim Crow on steroids" law being enacted has really has gone a long way in snuffing the "GA is a Jim Crow 2.0" noise coming from "your side". The damaging and polarizing original rhetoric stemming from GA merely trying to improve their election processes that Dems latched onto a few months ago in order to maliciously portray "the other side" as a bunch of racists desiring "Jim Crow on steroids" was garbage both then and now. But again, politics and such. Nasty business.

Last edited: Feb 1, 2023
  4. IP

IP Super Moderator

Man, you act like I was born yesterday. Go down there on election day and ask the people in line for 4 to 8 hours in atlanta about it. See what they say.

5. VolDad

VolDad Super Moderator

I have not found information about 4-8 hour wait times. When I search I get information like this...

Fulton County Sets Up Tracker Showing Polls Wait Times
    Around 12:15 p.m. Tuesday, wait times at all polling places were less than 30 minutes.

ole_orange and zehr27 like this.
  6. ole_orange

ole_orange Board Simp

Then you know how Fulton County has never been the gold standard of huge municipalities smoothly operating elections. I would find agreement with you if you said that local Fulton County Elections Directors and their Registration and Elections Board need to be better. Perhaps with them are where your real grievances should be focused on here? Counties have to do their job too. Not everything is the fault of state officials when it comes to election woes just because Dems didn't get what they ideally wanted in GA's new election laws.

Record voting turnouts and Dems kicking ass since the "Jim Crow on steroids" thing happened does not support your overall assertions. Hell, Dems probably would have won the Governorship too had they not trotted out a proven loser and election denier like Abrams in November. Democracy has never been better and more accessible for all who choose to participate in the GA political process now that a new era of Jim Crow has overtaken that state.

Last edited: Feb 1, 2023
  7. ole_orange

ole_orange Board Simp

Exaggerations are fun though.

8. Ssmiff

Ssmiff Went to the White House...Again

Woulda been a waste of time for you to go ask them I guess.

ole_orange likes this.
  9. zehr27

zehr27 8th's VIP

Have you done that lately? Especially after the Jim Crowe 2.0 happened.

10. IP

IP Super Moderator

11. zehr27

zehr27 8th's VIP

12. IP

IP Super Moderator

I was thinking of 2020 when there were 8 hour waits. I'll tell you what, in 2024 if there are not thousands in line at 9 pm in Georgia, I will owe you a coke.

13. warhammer

warhammer Chieftain

Bread and circuses.

14. Ssmiff

Interesting today to learn half of the women who work with and for Biden are women.

15. NorrisAlan

NorrisAlan Founder of the Mike Honcho Fan Club

Are they in binders like Romney's?

16. ole_orange

ole_orange Board Simp

Has anyone popped this Chinese spy balloon yet that has been polluting my timeline all day?

17. IP

IP Super Moderator

They are waiting out of concern for debris, allegedly. I used to launch weather balloons that superficially look 5he same but would pop on their own at a specific altitude and then parachute down the payload. If they launched this from sea it must be different and somehow altitude controlled. But i wonder what their recovery plan was. May have someone on the continent that was supposed to retrieve it

18. Ssmiff

Remember that dude who attached weather balloons to his lawn chair and went into LA airspace? Or was that a movie..

19. warhammer

warhammer Chieftain

May have a self destruct.

[​IMG]

20. IP

IP Super Moderator

You know, I didn't even think about it but you are right.