POLITICS Random Political/Legal

Discussion in 'Politicants' started by fl0at_, Jun 7, 2021.

1. ole_orange

ole_orange Board Simp

Seriously? Again though, the MLB stuff is secondary to the main overall point here. Which is that the DNC merely considering ATL as a final 3 host site for the national convention shows that team blue rhetoric surrounding the GA controversy is proving itself as being the blatantly partisan and disingenuous hysteria that it always has been.

https://www.theblaze.com/news/biden-mlb-move-all-star-game-atlanta-georgia-voting-law

2. zehr27

zehr27 8th's VIP

The leader of the Democrats our President accused republicans of being racist and creating voter suppression in Georgia. This is a powerful voice to state that. Then in 2022 they had I think the best voter turnout ever (especially for African Americans in the state I believe). So maybe he was wrong and being divisive? I wouldn't expect them to avoid Georgia all together as well but you wouldn't think they would want to hold their convention in a state that suppresses their voters and is racist.

3. zehr27

zehr27 8th's VIP

Isn't Warnock one of them? I could be wrong but he also thought the voting bill in Georgia was Jim Crowe in different cloths or something like that.

4. IP

IP Super Moderator

Thank you for posting a source of this position.

5. IP

IP Super Moderator

Yes, he is and he did say that. But did he call for the MLB to move the all-star game?

6. IP

IP Super Moderator

Agreed, he did say it was voter suppression based on race in Georgia. Disagree that he was wrong, or that it would mean they would avoid Georgia altogether.

7. Unimane

Unimane Kill "The Caucasian"

How does this action disavow that view of the law? It was, clearly and unequivocally, a law designed to tamp down on voting the GOP in Georgia felt helped Democrats in Georgia. The fact Democrats were able to maneuver around the law hasn't changed anyone's view of it from their side. I don't remember policy being no one should go to Georgia to do business, either. Was there some sort of boycott in place which said not to do business until the law was changed? To me, supporting a decision by MLB making a statement in 2021 with withdrawal is not a requirement for these Dems to never go to Georgia.

It can also be argued going there provides an avenue to push against these laws, but we're bordering on something a little less genuine there, even if partly true.

8. ole_orange

ole_orange Board Simp

Thanks for ignoring the actual quoted rhetoric on record coming from the figurative head of the Democrat Party because you can't stand outlets like the The Blaze.

"It's Jim Crow on steriods"-President Biden. [uck fay] right off for BS disingenuous rhetoric like that. Politics, man

9. IP

IP Super Moderator

I don't know anything about the The Blaze. Why do you think I can't stand it?

I wouldn't say "Jim Crow on steroids", but I would say their clear intent is to suppress black voters.

10. ole_orange

ole_orange Board Simp

You poo-pooing "the source" of me linking the figurative head of the Democrats on record supporting the MLB moving the All Star game because of "Jim Crow on steroids" might have something to do with it. Two years now of regularly conversing and debating matters of politics with you also might have had something to do with me knowing you detest right wing political media entities like this one that happens to be owned by Glenn Beck.

The extreme lies and rhetoric spewing from team blue about GA trying to improve their election processes after the 2020 debacle-similarly to how Florida tried to improve their election processes legislatively after 2000-starting with Biden on down was as contemptible, disingenuous and irresponsible then as it still is now.

11. zehr27

zehr27 8th's VIP

So the best turnout ever and it was suppression?

ole_orange and justingroves like this.
  12. zehr27

zehr27 8th's VIP

Did I ever say he did? You are really stuck on the MLB thing. Now his words may have influenced the MLB move, could that be possible? Yes or no?

13. ole_orange

ole_orange Board Simp

The MLB fixation is stupid. The hypocrisy of Dems strongly accusing GA of being a "Jim Crow 2.0" state, only to consider having their national convention in GA a few months later is contemptible based on how they disgustingly smeared/portrayed their political opponents, voters of their political opponents and the state of GA. Saying the DNC having ATL as a final 3 contender to host their convention makes them now look like complete partisan and disingenuous assholes regarding how they used GA as a political whipping bag in the name of politics are perfectly logical and reasonable observations to bring up. This is worthy of noting and is a conversation that should be happening.

Last edited: Feb 1, 2023
  14. IP

IP Super Moderator

I don't agree with anything you said here, including poo pooing your source. What should I know about your source? I thanked you for posting a link.

15. IP

IP Super Moderator

Due to great effort and people being willing to stand in line for many hours

16. IP

IP Super Moderator

It is likely they did

17. IP

IP Super Moderator

Fixating on the alleged hypocritical action is stupid. I should just read the blaze.

18. ole_orange

ole_orange Board Simp

It's not alleged. It's all on record. You predictably are the only one who fails to see the hypocrisy spewing from "your side" here for whatever reason.

19. ole_orange

ole_orange Board Simp

Then I guess I misinterpreted that particular post of yours. My bad

20. IP

IP Super Moderator

On record what they said, and you disagree, but that doesn't make them wrong. It is indeed much harder to vote for many communities in Georgia.