POLITICS Random Political/Legal

Discussion in 'Politicants' started by fl0at_, Jun 7, 2021.

1. zehr27

zehr27 8th's VIP

Can we trust birds?

Poppa T likes this.
  2. zehr27

zehr27 8th's VIP

IP likes this.
  3. zehr27

zehr27 8th's VIP

Why would it be crazy to pop it?

4. ole_orange

ole_orange Board Simp

Get ready fellas, our nation is depending on us. China needs to learn quickly Montana is one thing, but you don’t [uck fay] with the great state of Tennessee.

IP likes this.
  5. lumberjack4

lumberjack4 Chieftain

No need to have a knee jerk reaction and shoot it just because. As long as it's up there it's communicating with something. As long as it's communicating, we can tap that network and collect the data. If we collect that data we can reverse engineer it to determine the system's true purpose.

If there's not an immediately identified threat, its far more valuable to let it stay up there - it lets us learn more. Shooting it down destroys it and is a lost opportunity to learn something.

IP and zehr27 like this.
  6. JohnnyQuickkick

JohnnyQuickkick Calcio correspondent

Interesting

ole_orange likes this.
  7. ole_orange

ole_orange Board Simp

Also assuming that projected path is indeed accurate, I can't help but notice the balloon's path goes over places like Montana and Nebraska where much of our nuclear silos are and other important military sites like the 101st in Fort Campbell. Coincidence? Probably not but who knows really.

8. ole_orange

ole_orange Board Simp

China says they are "looking into" the claim that they deployed a spy balloon over the US. I look forward to their gaslighting spin as to why we are "lying" about all this.

9. IP

IP Super Moderator

I'm sure that they are 1.3 billion people and not a hive mind. Some people may be executed over this drama.

ole_orange likes this.
  10. ole_orange

ole_orange Board Simp

One good thing that has surfaced is an increase in public awareness that China has purchased an ass ton of US farmland-much of which is near many military bases throughout our country. Why CCP entities have been allowed to purchase so much US land like they have is beyond me. Seems like an egregious lapse in national security. But at least more people have been made aware of this reality via conversations inspired as a result of the last 24/48 hours.

11. ole_orange

ole_orange Board Simp

I have a hard time believing this could have been a rogue operation launched by someone affiliated with the CCP without Beijing knowing about it. Rouge-ness and doing something without the explicit permission of the CCP government isn't really how the Chinese roll. But again, I (and we) certainly have no way of knowing personally what is what here.

NorrisAlan likes this.
  12. zehr27

zehr27 8th's VIP

When Biden talks about all the jobs that have been created is that only a count of new jobs or does that include job openings from people retiring?

13. IP

IP Super Moderator

He's talking about the jobs report, so I think these are dominoes of people retiring vs not as many people becoming adults. If someone thinks that the low unemployment are from people sitting on the sidelines, then technically there are even more new jobs than it appears.

You have to choose me or Biden.

14. Poppa T

Poppa T Vol Geezer

I thought errbody wanted us old farts to get out of the way (retire or quit), anyway? So the young bucks could find a job.

15. warhammer

warhammer Chieftain

[​IMG]

Poppa T likes this.
  16. zehr27

zehr27 8th's VIP

Why do you have to choose me or Biden?

17. Ssmiff

Ssmiff Went to the White House...Again

A 2nd balloon?

18. dknash

dknash Chieftain

19. ole_orange

ole_orange Board Simp

Screw Taiwan, a 2nd balloon means China wants the big enchilada. 250,000,000 Chinese paratroopers following behind to occupy America are imminent imo. Will be Washington XiC by the end of the weekend.

20. IP

IP Super Moderator

Would fail so hard.