POLITICS Reparations

Discussion in 'Politicants' started by Indy, Jun 20, 2019.

1. warhammer

warhammer Chieftain

History is whether I feel one way or another. If I I am required to categorize my feeling as either pride or shame in order to feel an emotion over it, it would be shame. I feel more shame that I think I may have cut in line in front of a family at McDonald's yesterday without meaning to, a good deal more.

2. Tenacious D

Tenacious D The law is of supreme importance, or no importance

The hell.

The subject of slavery reparations is no more worthy of consideration than it is comment, beyond a re-statement of the obvious, which is to say that it’s a bold and foolish advancement of the Democrats now decades-old strategy of buying the black vote.

How much of the black vote can the Dems fail to capture, and still have any hope of winning any election? Obama somewhat gave the Dems an 8-year reprieve, but as they now just have a bunch of rich white people running, it’s again time to pony back up.

And, there’s actually a much better chance that Trump names Un as his new White House Press Secretary than any such legislation would ever make it through Congress.

3. tvolsfan

tvolsfan Chieftain

Pretty sure I said something very similar in previous post in another thread and Tenny used this as a excuse to “ignore” me and call me a piece of shit.

4. IP

IP Super Moderator

to be fair, shit has many forms and flavors. I would know, I've been requested to eat shit many times and I am a people pleaser.

tvolsfan likes this.
  5. TheOrangeEmpire

TheOrangeEmpire Active Member

I’ve always thought reparations in America to be a fascinating subject.

On one hand you have the issue of slavery and on the other hand you have the failed Confederate states.

Who pays what and why and who is exempt?

Do you go after the individual/families or the old confederate states for the funds?

Great subject

6. TheOrangeEmpire

TheOrangeEmpire Active Member