RIP Scott Weiland

Discussion in 'The Thunderdome' started by emainvol, Dec 4, 2015.

1. JohnnyQuickkick

JohnnyQuickkick Calcio correspondent

Love the way Soundgarden changes time signatures. That ain't easy

2. GahLee

GahLee Director of Conspiracy Theories, 8th Maxim

Andy was more than just Cornell's friend though. Mother Love Bone featured Jeff Ament and Stone Gossard, his death provided the platform for Pearl Jam to exist. Sadly.

Hearing how Hunger Strike came to be is awesome. Cornell struggling to sing the high and the low parts and Eddie, just being a guest in the studio, standing up in the middle of the session and singing the part and doing what Chris couldn't catapulted him. Good stuff.

3. zero-sum

zero-sum New Member

Yep, I'm aware

4. zero-sum

zero-sum New Member

Actually, Vedder was already in Seattle auditioning for another band as this was coming together. It's unfortunate but lots a of good came from this tragedy

5. utvol0427

utvol0427 Chieftain

Love Temple of the Dog. Hunger Strike is awesome.

6. JohnnyQuickkick

I actually just bought that album for the thanksgiving drive to west tenn. hard to believe it took 20+ years. That one and the Mad Season one. It was Revisit Seattle Supergroup year I guess.

7. utvol0427

utvol0427 Chieftain

I wish that Soundgarden/Pearl Jam/Temple of the Dog reunion tour that was rumored a couple of years ago would have came to fruition.

8. JohnnyQuickkick

I'd pay a fair amount of money to see that

9. GahLee

Sure about that? Eddie says in the PJ20 book that he was given a tape with three songs, Jack Irons, who Stone and Jeff were trying to recruit as their drummer handed the tapes to Eddie, as they were also looking for a singer. Eddie went surfing and wrote the "Momma Son" collection, went home, dubbed over the tracks and sent it back to Seattle. And that was that really. I'm pretty sure Eddie had just left Bad Radio, he may have auctioned for another band before Pearl Jam but I'm almost 100 percent positive that he wasn't in Seattle.

Not that it matters, I'm just a bit of a nut when it comes to Pearl Jam.

10. GahLee

Yeah, that would be amazing. Pearl Jam needs to do a proper American tour. Also, a new album would be nice.

11. utvol0427

utvol0427 Chieftain

I'm pretty sure they are doing a tour this summer.

12. GahLee

That'd be great, I missed them last time they were in Atlanta for a Music in Midtown, was pretty pissed about it.

13. JohnnyQuickkick

It hasn't been that long since the last album

14. GahLee

I know, I'm just greedy.

15. zero-sum

zero-sum New Member

Yep. The demo actually had five tracks, Eddie recorded lyrics for three of the five, two (Alive and Once) are on Ten.

The audition Eddie flew in for and successfully landed was Mookie Blaylock (Amett, Gossard & McCready) which soon became Pearl Jam, Pearl being the name of Eddie’s grandmother.

Yep, after the audition Eddie was there at the session just to hang. We know the rest

16. zero-sum

zero-sum New Member

Any Buzz Osbourne fans?

17. CardinalVol

CardinalVol Uncultured, non-diverse mod

18. kidbourbon

kidbourbon Well-Known Member

19. kidbourbon

I wish they would have called it Mookie Blaylock.

20. kidbourbon

As would I