Ron Brown, Anti-Gay Coach

Discussion in 'The Thunderdome' started by Unimane, Apr 26, 2012.

1. Unimane

Unimane Kill "The Caucasian"

Hey, purple dragons could have roamed the earth a million years ago and we've just never found their fossil record. You never know.

Otherwise, you obviously think I'm wrong in regards to this matter. Do you think it makes you superior to me? I would wager not, so it stands to believe that you can think my ideas on a particular subject are patently incorrect, but not think I'm some kind of inferior being. But, to give you a very basic breakdown, or simple example, of what I'm talking about:

- As a non-Christian, what will happen to me, according to a typical Christian reading, when I die? Will I be placed in an inferior position, according to the Christian teaching?

- As a Christian, what will happen to you, according to my non-belief, when you die? Exactly the same thing that will happen to me, no more or no less. (And, I'm not even sure what will happen, but I hold no idea that I am doing anything better than anyone else in terms of how I will be regarded when I die).

2. kptvol

kptvol Super Moderator

And so what? Is there any implication anywhere that the fate of your afterlife should in any way limit your status on Earth? Is accepting Jesus supposed to be an act of salvation or a way to separate yourself from the heathens destined to get exactly what they deserve by burning in Hell for all eternity?

I'd also be interested to know how often you are accosted by Christians threatening you with being Satan's plaything.

3. LawVol13

LawVol13 Chieftain

The purple dragon example being equated to Christianity is utter and complete bullshit, and it's almost done in a mocking fashion by Unimane, which sort of flies in the face of the familiar refrain that he's continued in this thread, which is that of course he doesn't believe himself better than any Christian. But, of course being a Christian is akin to believing in purple dragons. I don't consider myself a devout Christian, and I even find that insulting.

4. kptvol

kptvol Super Moderator

As far as the superiority complex thing goes, that logic doesn't seem to add up. Why offer a message one believes is the ultimate blessing to one who is inferior?

5. Unimane

The purple dragon was thrown for effect, but no one's countered with the idea that belief in either is based upon logical conclusions. Why is one set of unprovable theories given more legitimacy than the other? It's only insulting because one has been given more validity than the other. Why? You are just joining in the cacophony of trying to prove I somehow feel superior, as if it means anything. In fact, the only reason that idea was latched upon from my initial post was that was perceived as the easiest one to attack. It's this logical fallacy that, if you can negate the legitimacy of the person giving the opinion, then you can disregard the actual points being made.

I've made numerous points here, yet the only ones trying to be pointed out here are the ones about my perceptions of "superiority", which I find ridiculous.

Last edited: Apr 29, 2012
  6. Unimane

And, if they don't accept in accordance with those views? Where do they stand?

7. Unimane

You mean like Brown did for gay people? Eh, I've been told a few times I'm going to hell, pretty standard stuff for the Bible Belt. Of course, unlike my political posts on this board, I'm not exactly the most confrontational person in the world, plus, like I said, I'm not necessarily in the business of going around telling others how to think.

8. LawVol13

LawVol13 Chieftain

Thanks for the lecture, but I'm not debating religion with you, and I couldn't give two shits what you believe about the validity of Christianity. What I am pointing out is that the crap you've posted in this thread is arrogant, "I'm smarter than everybody" rhetoric that puts you on the exact same level as the dumbass coach you are attempting to criticize.

9. Unimane

Oh, give me a [uck fay]ing break. Explain to me how I am advocating to deny anyone their rights, like Brown, and you'll have a point. Otherwise, don't resort to that whiny bullshit, either, throwing your hands up with the faux indignation of "oh, you think you are so much smarter than everyone." [uck fay] off, argue the damn point or don't bother. There's nothing more annoying that someone who resorts to that method of arguing.

10. kptvol

kptvol Super Moderator

You've been told a few times you are going to hell. Just like every UT student that has walked past Hodges the day the insane preacher shows up. How many Christians have you encountered to reach that impressive tally of "few"? Is the ratio of damnation threateners to less confrontational folk a whole lot different than that of peaceful Muslims and Muslims that love to blow shit up? I'd be willing to wager you'd be less tolerant of sweeping accusations of Islam being a religion of war, terror, and extermination.

11. kptvol

kptvol Super Moderator

I'd also wager viewing another group of people as being incapable of accepting another person as an equal due soley to his present religious stance would be rather difficult without feeling at least some sense of intellectual or moral superiority over that group.

12. Unimane

I've never advocated that I'm a victim in this thread, so what does this matter? It also stands to reason that I think of the Muslim religion the same as I do Christianity. However, the conversation has dovetailed into you attempting to pin the idea that I think I'm superior to others, but I'm not seeing the point in this example in regards to that effort.

13. Unimane

And how is it that I don't view Christians as "equals"? What would it entail for me not to see them as equals simply based upon one factor in their lives? Does this mean you see me as inferior because my views don't jibe with yours?

14. kptvol

kptvol Super Moderator

You think Christians incapable of recognizing your equality. No? You also seem to think you yourself have no such problem. Hence, Christians are incapable of doing something you can do.

15. Unimane

That's a clever turn of phrase, but it's the equivalent of "you're not tolerant because you don't respect my homophobic beliefs". Clearly, I have said anyone is capable of doing what I am doing (and it's not like I claim any kind of enlightenment, either, so let's not go down that path), but that Christianity, in their interpretations of it, has denoted a certain status among non-believers. Just because I recognize people like Brown doing this doesn't, therefore, create a negative connotation for me as feeling superior to others.

16. Unimane

nm

Last edited: Apr 29, 2012
  17. kptvol

kptvol Super Moderator

There are plenty of atheists to be found that would accuse any Christian of wasting their Sundays, throwing away tithes, etc. A sense of superiority can be found amongst individuals in any group. You are alleging that it is a central tenet of Christianity.

18. LawVol13

LawVol13 Chieftain

Then make a [uck fay]ing point to argue. The only point you've made in this thread is that you're a hypocritical douchebag.

19. LawVol13

LawVol13 Chieftain

Or comparing Christianity to believing in purple dragons.

20. Unimane

I've made two clear ones in the initial post, for starters. And since when did you just resort to lazy arguments like "oh, I guess you're smarter than everyone" and calling people names? Until you can actually argue like you usually do, by making real points, then [uck fay] off. I've explained clearly how I'm not being hypocritical, too, if you want to join that conversation.