Rumor mill a churnin

Discussion in 'Vols Football' started by DC Vol, Nov 30, 2015.

1. hohenfelsvol

hohenfelsvol Beer run

We are successful until we play ranked teams. They figure us out real quick. No imagination.

2. Beechervol

Beechervol Super Moderator

The Dooley fear is understandable in a way.

But there is no reason why UT shouldnt be elite again. Lyle has proven you can recruit here without the background. UT needs a staff that will put in the effort recruiting (the rest is there) develop talent and coach it. Right now we have the first.

3. Savage Orange

Savage Orange I need ammunition, not a ride. -V Zelensky.

Up to now, Botch has been able to sell immediate playing time. That's not really the case any more. I'll be interested to see if the recruiting holds up over the next few years because Botch is here, and he's here to stay...

4. JT5

JT5 Super Moderator

Hold up - Azzani is getting interest as a D1A head coach? I gotta call bullshit.

5. kptvol

kptvol Super Moderator

Yeah, we heard this rumor a lot last year, too. He must have one hell of an agent.

6. Beechervol

Dont know how 16' finishes but it will not look like 14' and 15'.

In part because of your idea above.

7. droski

droski Traffic Criminal

you don't seriously think that's an option do you?

8. bigpapavol

bigpapavol Chieftain

Worst passing game since forever. Run game efficiency isn't near the same. We just run more, but the design is awful.

9. The Dooz

The Dooz Super Moderator

You don't seriously think he thinks that's an option do you?

10. countvolcula

countvolcula New Member

Florida fired Azz because he wasn't any good as we coach

11. Tenacious D

Tenacious D The law is of supreme importance, or no importance

Any WR who signs or remains with this team is a fool.

12. IP

IP Super Moderator

Jesus, droski.

13. Dick Huffman

Dick Huffman Guest

"****" "shit" and "goddam" is the lingo of the offense.

14. DC Vol

DC Vol Contributor

Your 500 calories are just that. You know exactly what you're getting. It's like Waffle House. Cheap, real food made quick. No gimmicks. Just some recovering meth addict taking your order.

Jones and crew are that 4* restaurant that can serve amazing meals sometimes but always **** something up. Bring you sweet tea when you wanted Unsweet. Muffin instead of toast. It's unpredictable and frustrating because the food is good but could be amazing if only the wait staff didnt sick.

Everyone knows the place with great waiters but shit kitchen or shit front house and a great kitchen. That's us and that's why it is so unsatisfying.

15. DC Vol

DC Vol Contributor

The design isn't an issue. It's meant to compliment and coexist with a threatening passing game.

We don't have that. So, similar to LSU, it doesn't matter how well your OL plays or how freakish your RB is, youll be shut down.

DeBord also sucks at changing his scheme, old dog and new tricks what have you, and that exposes it.

That's why I'd be fine with DeBord to OL/run Game and bring in a new face for QB or WR and PGC.

I'm not calling DeBord a good OC. He isn't. He did have a good impact on our OL and run game and warrants retention in a limited capacity. No Playcalling and no influence on passing game.

16. kptvol

kptvol Super Moderator

To me, nothing about the running game improvement can't be explained by Dobbs starting all season, and Hurd and the OL getting a year older.

17. nomojo

nomojo Member

I saw Azzanni mentioned as OC candidate for Durbin at Maryland

18. kidbourbon

kidbourbon Well-Known Member

He's not a home run hitter. It's hard to break two hundy when you can't break open big ones.

19. kptvol

kptvol Super Moderator

Id be interested to know how many times he was tackled by a defensive back. He very, very rarely gets a chance to get to that level.

20. Beechervol

Exactly.

Its hard to break 100 when you are dodging DLs 3 yards deep.