Rumor mill a churnin

Discussion in 'Vols Football' started by DC Vol, Nov 30, 2015.

1. bostonvol

bostonvol Chieftain

Football scoop is reporting Tennessee is working on an extension and raise for Butch.

2. NorrisAlan

NorrisAlan Founder of the Mike Honcho Fan Club

[​IMG]

3. MaconVol

MaconVol Chieftain

yes, just read that.

4. bostonvol

bostonvol Chieftain

might deserve its own thread.

5. IP

IP Super Moderator

Can they give him an extension and raise while simultaneously lowering the buyout? I need a silver lining.

6. NorrisAlan

Well. At least I have the Dolphins.

7. CardinalVol

CardinalVol Uncultured, non-diverse mod

If they kept the amount the same, at this point, I'd call that a win.

8. Savage Orange

Savage Orange I need ammunition, not a ride. -V Zelensky.

Just.

Damn.

9. Unimane

Unimane Kill "The Caucasian"

I can only imagine what they'll give him if he actually accomplishes anything.

10. Savage Orange

Savage Orange I need ammunition, not a ride. -V Zelensky.

If the recruiting keeps up and he actually manages to string together a run in which UT wins something of real substance (the SEC or **GASP!** get to the playoffs and win a game... I won't even broach the possibility of a natty... Botch hoisting that trophy is something my mind refuses to picture) what then? An SEC championship will likely mean he has beaten Alabama at least once and maybe twice in a single season. I don't see any scenario that results in me accepting him as "family" the way that I still think of Fulmer (not a huge fan, but I respect that he actually played for and belongs to UT) so is there anything Botch can do to unify the fan base in support? I say no, but that's just me.

11. Knox9552

Knox9552 Member

He's already unified the majority of the fan base. Will he be able to unify the conglomerate on here? I'd guess no considering you just mentioned hesitation to accept him even if he hoisted the playoff trophy. Look I'm not a sunshine pumper, I hate everyone on VN, but I really don't want to go back to 2010-14 again. If that means he's in place for a while then so be it.

12. lylsmorr

lylsmorr Super Moderator

Don't have high expectations. You know better.

13. lylsmorr

lylsmorr Super Moderator

**** you and **** Botch

14. IP

IP Super Moderator

If he wins, folks like us will shut up and accept victory.

15. IP

IP Super Moderator

That's understandable. Depressing, but understandable.

16. volfanjo

volfanjo Chieftain

Most rushing yards since 1989 Cobb-Webb attack. In theory I don't disagree with you but...

We run the ball well now (not perfect, but efficient) and complain that we don't throw it enough. Hurd is quickest UT player to 2,000 yards I think, and barring injury breaks the rushing record next year, and will be second in receiving record all time (as an RB). Dobbs is already all time rusher at UT (as a QB).

17. NorrisAlan

Why does it feel so much like sugar calories, then? you know, yes, it is 500 calories, but doesn't have the same feeling as eating an egg and some sausage and some toast.

Reading what you just posted drops my jaw. The stats just don't seem to jibe with what I am seeing on Saturday.

18. Knox9552

Knox9552 Member

I struggle to call it depressing as I think the term is more fitting for the feeling I had sitting in Commonwealth Stadium watching my beloved program lose to Joker Phillips and Randy Sanders.

19. kptvol

kptvol Super Moderator

We run the ball pretty well, but it's the only dimension we've got. We've had better offenses that could have smashed these rushing numbers, but when you have Shuler and Manning, you pass the ball, too.

20. GahLee

GahLee Director of Conspiracy Theories, 8th Maxim

We are successful running in spite of the calls. Hard to keep guys like Kamara, Dobbs and Hurd down. Doesn't seem to be any thought to the calls, at least not consistently. We rarely set up plays, just looks like random calls with a hope and prayer that the talent overcomes the scheme.