Rumors That Heads Are Gonna Roll Today

Discussion in 'Vols Football' started by CardinalVol, Nov 30, 2011.

1. IP

IP Super Moderator

This is hell

2. Jewbaccah

Jewbaccah New Member

I think in the end Wilcox, Thompson, and Sirmon get big raises....I think the only thing that could happen to change that is if ASU or UCLA go after Wilcox and offer like 2 million plus....

3. O+W=H.

O+W=H. New Member

you're in Denver w/Tebow... can't possibly be hell.

4. mason3132

mason3132 New Member

We will be in hell if they get raises. That means Dooley has bought himself more time.

5. BearCat204

BearCat204 Chieftain

ASU has offered Sumlin

6. BearCat204

BearCat204 Chieftain

There are so many angles with this more than clever post. I salute you

7. XXROCKYTOPXX

XXROCKYTOPXX Chieftain

FWIW-

TOOS's credible sources are all debunking the Wilcox/Sirmon/Thompson rumors. They're all singing the same tune that he along with Sirmon want to be here because of (defensively):

The talent we have now
    The talent that is coming in
    and last but certainly not least...Pay raises

One of them did say they're worried what Petersen to UCLA would mean but other than that are indicating that everything is being blown extremely out of proportion.

Update/Edit: One is saying that Bagget's departure has been known for weeks and that he's heading back to the NFL.

Maybe it's just me but some pretty obvious damage control is taking place on TOOS by those in the know today.

Last edited: Dec 1, 2011
  8. fl0at_

fl0at_ Humorless, asinine, joyless pr*ck

Which saying is more believable:

1. No news is good news [for Dooley.]
    2. It is quietest before the storm.

Discuss.

9. IP

IP Super Moderator

No news is good news (for Dooley).

It ain't happening, boys. Hart is going to hold what he's got until next year. Dooley gets one more frantic shot at finding a way to cocoon up this off-season and attempt to transform from a worm into a beautiful coaching butterfly.

10. fl0at_

fl0at_ Humorless, asinine, joyless pr*ck

He'll be harder to fire next year. He really will get a 2013 season. Alright guys, new plan. Hope Georgia sucks, Richt leaves and Georgia buys Dooley out after his "turn around 2012 season." Save money. Save face. Win win.

11. XXROCKYTOPXX

XXROCKYTOPXX Chieftain

I agree. It also gives Hart more time to find the right person if need be.

12. tvolsfan

tvolsfan Chieftain

I it's about coaches leaving, no news is good news for Dooley.

If it's about hiring replacements, then no news would seem to indicate bad news for Dooley (unless we're talking Dooley's replacement).

13. justingroves

justingroves supermod

Thompson has milked Tennessee twice now.

Wilcox is still likely to jump

Sumlin is entertaining more than ASU (not Tennessee)

Last edited: Dec 1, 2011
  14. Jewbaccah

Jewbaccah New Member

It depends on what UT pays him...I would think he gets a good sized raise...considering the epic chaos that would occur if he goes...I think Hart really does not want to fire Dooley...it is the doomsday scenario...which to me means that call has not come in from an A list coach...

15. tvolsfan

tvolsfan Chieftain

Is there any truth the rumors that UT has contacted Sumlin in any way? And has he said anything about it?

16. cotton

cotton Stand-up Philosopher

That's the reason I specified the source.

I fear you are correct.

17. Beechervol

Beechervol Super Moderator

I see a 7 or 8 win season next year, he is retained and follows up with another 7 or 8 win season. His ceiling at UT being revealed, the hard way.

18. gorockytop101

gorockytop101 New Member

One poster hinting that CHH is finally gone, while another is flat out saying Russell will follow Leach to WSU.

19. Tenacious D

Tenacious D The law is of supreme importance, or no importance

Officially? No.

But, if a majority of the UTBOT doesn't want someone - that ship will sink beside the dock.

Don't ask me to explain or (sure as hell) seek to defend such abstract lunacy, because its indefensible, but that's what I heard, only an hour or so ago.

But A&M wants him, for sure. And badly.

20. hatvol96

hatvol96 Well-Known Member

That would be two pieces of good news.