Rumors That Heads Are Gonna Roll Today

Discussion in 'Vols Football' started by CardinalVol, Nov 30, 2011.

1. VolDad

VolDad Super Moderator

I thought he also wanted the AD title.

2. IP

IP Super Moderator

If Hart makes a move now, and things go anything less than perfectly, he is the goat. He just bought the blame. No one remembers that stuff if it never happens. Proof: look at how our fan base remembers Kiffin. Look how they remember the beginning of Philip Fulmer's tenure, which was pure horseshit politicking. One is the villain for going to his dream job that we all knew was his dream job, the other is a hero for stabbing his boss (and a Tennessee legend in every sense of the word) in the back and hijacking a train already well-positioned for a good run.

3. Jewbaccah

Jewbaccah New Member

CHH's office has been empty..as in entirely cleaned out since Tuesday. He is either very clean or gone confirmed by multiple sources.

4. JT5

JT5 Super Moderator

It was a disappointing tenure. Improved the talent and the program, but never won a division or conference title, in a very weak conference during his time there. I do agree that, if not for suspensions, his 2010 could have been very good...maybe top 5 good.

5. Beechervol

Beechervol Super Moderator

That flared up and died down real quick. I haven't seen much lately on that.

6. Jewbaccah

Jewbaccah New Member

The writers on 247 reported and HV/LV reported it...They have not announced it because the new coaches are not hired. We expected from what I understand to lose CCB and CHH. Those two were planned.

7. Tenacious D

Tenacious D The law is of supreme importance, or no importance

No. He made around Dooley money, IIRC - and he was asked / did take less to accommodate better assistants.

Whatever happened to that guy?

8. gorockytop101

gorockytop101 New Member

Apparently Mike Sherman is out at A&M.

9. IP

IP Super Moderator

I know that USC about tripled Kiffin's salary. We weren't paying him that much. Certainly not enough to even give pause to their offer from a financial standpoint alone.

10. CardinalVol

CardinalVol Uncultured, non-diverse mod

And we have found the one coach I would not trade Dooley for.

11. CardinalVol

CardinalVol Uncultured, non-diverse mod

Kiffin made $2M, staff made $3.3M.

It's believed he makes $4M now.

12. gorockytop101

gorockytop101 New Member

I think MH said he basically offered Kiffin a blank check, and it didn't matter. Dude wanted to coach in LA.

13. justingroves

justingroves supermod

At that point it didn't matter.

You pay the man what he's worth, not after a place he really likes and feels comfortable with damn near triples your lowball salary.

But that's on the BOT and Hamilton.

14. justingroves

justingroves supermod

And Monte makes a little over a million there

15. JT5

JT5 Super Moderator

I agree to some extent, but don't think Kiffin's deal at UT paid him below his market value. Other than USC, I don't think there's another school in the country that would've made Kiff a $4M offer. And by the time USC got around to contacting him, they'd already been turned down by their top half dozen or so candidates....they were getting desperate.

16. Volst53

Volst53 Super Moderator

This is like having a shitty girlfriend, but not dumping her till you find an upgrade.

17. justingroves

justingroves supermod

Feels like I'm 16 again

18. hatvol96

hatvol96 Well-Known Member

Arkansas offered Kiffin a deal that would have paid him more than what they gave Petrino, but Al wouldn't let him out of his contract. The landscape in the SEC would be markedly different now if Team Kiffin would have landed in Fayetteville.

19. justingroves

justingroves supermod

$2 million is awful cheap for a guy with his resume

20. justingroves

justingroves supermod

Don't be a [itch bay], just say it