Saban to Texas a Done Deal?

Discussion in 'Sports' started by BigOrangeBeech, Dec 4, 2013.

1. CardinalVol

CardinalVol Uncultured, non-diverse mod

Never underestimate ego when it is confronted with stupidity and what the results can be, especially with sexton involved. They ask him how much it would take to leave, he gives them a ridiculous amount, they say ok.

Do I think it's insane? Yes. Do I think tu is that stupid? Yes.

2. GahLee

GahLee Director of Conspiracy Theories, 8th Maxim

What's ten million to Texas? That's chump change to them and Saban would do what Saban does, win crystal balls.

3. Cameltoes

Cameltoes Contributor

Remember when Bama hired Saban for $5 million and how many people cried about how stupid that was?

4. IP

IP Super Moderator

At the time, it was unbelievable. That sort of salary has now become seemingly normal.

5. CardinalVol

I get the general feeling (one most people don't think about) that Saban thinks about his job with exactly the same mentality most Americans's do. He moved and positioned himself to climb the ladder, and now he's in the position to dictate what will happen. He's comfortable where he is, he's got a good thing going, and if you really want him to move then you are going to have the pony up to do it.

Most Americans, given the same circumstances in hyper career, would indeed demand a ludicrous sum of money just like he may be doing.

6. BigOrangeBeech

BigOrangeBeech Poster of the Month, July 2014 and recruiting guy!

I would love to see this happen. But I just don't see it happening.

7. OrangeEmpire

OrangeEmpire Take a chance, Custer did

Saban deserves the Washington Redskins.

8. hohenfelsvol

hohenfelsvol Beer run

Spurrier agrees

9. droski

droski Traffic Criminal

Texas historically has not paid top dollar and hired top coaches.

10. LawVol13

LawVol13 Chieftain

I thought they paid Mack Brown over $5 milliion. That's not top dollar?

11. droski

droski Traffic Criminal

That's after he was there for 5 years.

12. justingroves

justingroves supermod

And won an national title and kissed the right asses

13. syndicate

syndicate Well-Known Member

Plus he has been there since 98 or 99 and that was before coaching salaries exploded. Texas has plenty of money and I doubt they will go another 20 years of being mediocre like the pre Brown era.

14. JohnnyQuickkick

JohnnyQuickkick Calcio correspondent

Most people don't when they hire a new coach

15. JT5

JT5 Super Moderator

Is it Saban or bust?

I don't get this ridiculous idea that Texas needs Saban in order to win. There are plenty of coaches, who don't require a billion dollars, that can win big at Texas.

16. CardinalVol

I really think you are discounting the pissed off booster who is tired of being made fun of factor in this.

17. JT5

JT5 Super Moderator

I must be. Whole thing sounds stupid and unrealistic to me.

18. farmersdaughter

farmersdaughter Active Member

Why can't we have a booster like this?

19. RockyHill

RockyHill Loves Auburn more than Tennessee.

I think about the 10 million amount as just what they came up with as a reasonable market value, as in what Saban is really worth. The truth is, Saban's succes at Alabama since he's been there has been worth far more than 10 million a year, probably closer to 15.

20. syndicate

syndicate Well-Known Member

I don't know if it's saban or bust but no school could pass up the chance to get him. My best friend is a Texas fan and he keeps going back and forth on his confidence in Mack. I always remind him how Tennessee held on to Fulmer too long and how that hurt us for years. I think Texas fans and boosters are getting restless.