Samsung Galaxy s5 vs Apple iphone 5s

Discussion in 'The Thunderdome' started by XXROCKYTOPXX, Aug 12, 2014.

1. XXROCKYTOPXX

XXROCKYTOPXX Chieftain

I'm in the market and I'm curious who has what and how you like it. I currently have an iPhone 4 but I have been checking out the Galaxy s5 and I'm curious to know how you guys like the Galaxy phones.

2. InVolNerable

InVolNerable Fark Master Flex

I'd go HTC One M8 over the S5.

3. smokysbark

smokysbark Chieftain

My son has the s5 and he loves it. We all have androids though. I hate iTunes ... hate it. I don't have a problem with Apple products in general, though. I just like the google play store setup better. The HTC One is powerful but it's going to be twice the size of your iPhone. Processing power on the HTC One is pretty unmatched at this point though from what I've researched.

4. 615 Vol

615 Vol Chieftain

Wait and see how the Iphone 6 turns out. I think it's supposed to be released next month.

5. XXROCKYTOPXX

XXROCKYTOPXX Chieftain

I'll have to check it out.

6. NorrisAlan

NorrisAlan Founder of the Mike Honcho Fan Club

I don't know how people carry around those huge phones. I got a motorola razor smart phone. Small. Works.

7. XXROCKYTOPXX

XXROCKYTOPXX Chieftain

We're an "apple" family I suppose. My wife and I both have iPhones and we've got a couple of iPads. I have no problem switching to another device though and almost want to just to break the mold.

8. XXROCKYTOPXX

XXROCKYTOPXX Chieftain

I'm afraid if I wait too long my wife will scoop up my upgrade like she did last time.

9. NorrisAlan

NorrisAlan Founder of the Mike Honcho Fan Club

My wife does that.

10. syndicate

syndicate Well-Known Member

I have the S5 Active and I love it. The wife switched from an iPhone to the S5 and is very happy with her decision. The battery life is absolutely amazing, and being water resistant is great for peace of mind.

11. 615 Vol

615 Vol Chieftain

Really, I thought they were based on each line rather than an account?

12. InVolNerable

Fewer problems have been reported with it, and I like the UI 10x better.

I messed around with both for a week or two before settling on the One and returning the s5.

13. Oldvol75

Oldvol75 Super Bigfoot Guru Mod

I have the 5s and really like it.

14. InVolNerable

It is huge, but I like the bigger phone, so it's a win/win for me.

15. The Dooz

The Dooz Super Moderator

I can stand having a phone the size of a restaurant menu in my pocket.

I'll probably get the iphone6 simply to not have to change a bunch of shit over and learn a new phone.

16. smokysbark

smokysbark Chieftain

I don't know about all the other carriers but Verizon allows you to apply the upgrade for any line to any of the other lines. My wife always gets the new phone. Spoiled ass.

17. Indy

Indy Pronoun Analyst

I have the 5S and I love it. The fingerprint pass code thing is super convenient and only messes up if your finger has water or grease on it (but you should probably leave your phone alone while eating popcorn or washing dishes anyway).

My only complaint with it is battery life. Prior to getting a new iPad after my other one was stolen, I used my phone for all the things I had originally used my iPad to do. The web browsing killed the battery, and long phone calls sometimes do as well. I was often charging it overnight and then again in the middle of the day. Now that I have a new iPad though, it isn't as bad.

18. Indy

Indy Pronoun Analyst

Happy wife happy life.

19. kmf600

kmf600 Energy vampire

I think a guy I knew in college told me once, six of one, half a dozen of the other

20. Indy

Indy Pronoun Analyst

Oh, and I prefer a smaller phone. If I wanted a bigger phone, I'd have no need for my iPad.