Sarkisan Gone...

Discussion in 'Sports' started by **TDCVOL**, Oct 11, 2015.

1. Dick Huffman

Dick Huffman Guest

Haha good point

2. zehr27

zehr27 8th's VIP

Played at USC and was on a National Championship team. Does that not make him a USC guy?

3. zehr27

zehr27 8th's VIP

The age thing I get, hence why I said it was worth giving him a call to make sure he was done coaching. The rest is just dumb. So you would not call Gruden or Cowher because they have been out of coaching too long?

4. RockyHill

RockyHill Loves Auburn more than Tennessee.

I mean it's a case by case thing. I thinks it's pretty clear Cowher is done. Gruden has said things that make it seem like he'd coach again. Holmgren just makes zero sense.

5. justingroves

justingroves supermod

Bill Walsh went back to Stanford

6. RockyHill

We both know those are very different scenarios. Stanford was a nothing program.

7. zehr27

zehr27 8th's VIP

Yep. Bill Snyder is another one that left the game and came back.

8. CardinalVol

CardinalVol Uncultured, non-diverse mod

Don't see holmgren coaching again.

9. RockyHill

Also very different, KState has literally never finished a season ranked without Snyder as their coach.

10. justingroves

justingroves supermod

Me either but a phone call is free

11. zehr27

zehr27 8th's VIP

Exactly. The man can coach and I am not sure I have seen any where that he has said 100% he is done with coaching. Was really interested in a west coast job that opened up last year in the NFL.

Last edited: Oct 25, 2015
  12. VolDad

VolDad Super Moderator

Steve Sarkisian has filed a lawsuit against USC over the way he was fired as the head coach of the football team ... and wants more than $30 MILLION ... TMZ Sports has learned.
    We're told one of the main allegations is that Sarkisian believes USC broke the law by firing someone with disabilities.
    We spoke with Sark's attorney who tells us, "Alcoholism is a recognized disability under California law. So firing somebody because of that disability is against the law."
    The attorney tells us Sark also feels USC left him high and dry when he needed them the most.

Read more: http://www.tmz.com/category/tmzsports/#ixzz3tenp6y3R

13. NorrisAlan

NorrisAlan Founder of the Mike Honcho Fan Club

Sorry, Sark. That isn't going to fly.

14. droski

droski Traffic Criminal

looking for a settlement IMO

15. lumberjack4

lumberjack4 Chieftain

it might in cali.

16. NorrisAlan

NorrisAlan Founder of the Mike Honcho Fan Club

Fair point. I just don't know how you can argue showing up to work drunk off our rocker is not a fire-able offense.

17. lumberjack4

lumberjack4 Chieftain

I get the impression that if something is common sense, it's most likely illegal.

18. IP

IP Super Moderator

Every employee in California is bringing a bottle of liquor to work tomorrow.

19. zero-sum

zero-sum New Member

No question, and USC will comply for no other reason but to make it go away

20. droski

droski Traffic Criminal

my understanding is that they can't fire you unless they prove it's affecting your job performance. he seems to be arguing it didn't