SEC Network

Discussion in 'Vols Football' started by CardinalVol, Apr 12, 2013.

1. TennTradition

TennTradition Super Moderator

My uverse gets the alternate at home. But not comcast here at the lake I'm at this weekend. WatchESPN it is. Wish I had grabbed the Apple TV before I left.

2. InVolNerable

InVolNerable Fark Master Flex

Can you get firstrowsports.eu on Xbox ?

3. syndicate

syndicate Well-Known Member

The alternate channel for uverse sucks though. I think they have someone drawing pictures of the game instead of cameras filming it.

4. TennTradition

TennTradition Super Moderator

Really? Weird. It looks fine on watch espn.

5. syndicate

syndicate Well-Known Member

It's dark and grainy for me.

6. utvol0427

utvol0427 Chieftain

Looks good on Comcast.

7. g8terh8ter_eric

g8terh8ter_eric Contributor

Mine looks great.

8. zehr27

zehr27 8th's VIP

No shit! Whats the deal? I have the channel but its just black...

9. BigOrangeBeech

BigOrangeBeech Poster of the Month, July 2014 and recruiting guy!

Mine is up now on Direct

10. BigOrangeBeech

BigOrangeBeech Poster of the Month, July 2014 and recruiting guy!

Just in time to see our terrible OL

11. zehr27

zehr27 8th's VIP

Me too. I think emain made it happen.

12. emainvol

emainvol Administrator

My experience with DTV was awful. First I was told the game was blacked out (obvious bullshit), then when I asked to talk to a supervisor I was hung up on and in a later conversation told that the call must have dropped (I have worked in call center environments, and calls almost never drop). The first call was 15 minutes of hold time, 10 minutes of troubleshooting that was mostly hold time, then 5 or so minutes of hold time before the hang up.

I then took to blasting them on twitter, where I received two apologies from the DirecTV account.

Then I called back in to [itch bay] about the earlier situation and hopefully receive some concessions. I was offered 5 ****ing dollars off my bill, and being tired of dealing with their customer service, just let it go so I could watch the rest of the game.

I now have another email in, calling their offer a joke, since that is exactly what it is, and asking for someone else to contact me.

This doesn't even include the three other times I called in and couldn't get through. Needless to say, despite buying food to cook and planning on a relaxing day at home watching the game, I had to go elsewhere, and later found out that the game was back on DirecTV.

So yeah, flat out lying to me, hanging up on me, and ****ing up my and everyone else's service in one fell swoop. Not happy with a service that I have always sworn by.

13. emainvol

emainvol Administrator

10 bucks off for a year. Actually would have accepted less. Aight DTV, we cool

14. emainvol

emainvol Administrator

The initial 5 was just off of this months bill, so this is a 115 dollar swing

15. dknash

dknash Chieftain

Attaway.

16. zehr27

zehr27 8th's VIP

You must have gave them enough hell to get their shit together. I was glad to see the game finally come on. I seriously hate all cable and satellite companies.

17. zehr27

zehr27 8th's VIP

Nice!

18. Joseph Brant

Joseph Brant Airbrush Aficionado

I do with Comcast

19. Beechervol

Beechervol Super Moderator

Should have held out for 20.

20. emainvol

emainvol Administrator

Thought about it, but I don't have the conviction to complain for that long.

Well, about things other than sports.