Shannon to UT

Discussion in 'Vols Football' started by WM, Jan 5, 2012.

1. Tar Volon

Tar Volon Me Blog @RockyTopTalk.com

Because of money, facilities, and recruiting base, you could argue Tennessee behind Florida, LSU, Alabama, and Georgia. But Tennessee is not a worse job than Auburn (2nd fiddle in their own state), Arkansas, Carolina, etc.

2. justingroves

justingroves supermod

Auburn's little brother syndrome allows coaches to do anything to get recruits on campus. I think that's the best thing about that job.

3. tvolsfan

tvolsfan Chieftain

Tennessee is a significantly better job than Arkansas or South Carolina.

4. Snakeonia

Snakeonia Active Member

throw 5-6 mil a year at a good coach and they will come

5. kptvol

kptvol Super Moderator

He was fired at Ole Miss because he was so great as a positiin coach it foole people into thinking he'd do well as the head man. We had to contend with an NFL team and LSU for his services.

6. LawVol13

LawVol13 Chieftain

I always thought it was because of his recruiting, not his coaching ability.

7. kptvol

kptvol Super Moderator

He's good at both. It doesn't take a genius to coach DL.

8. justingroves

justingroves supermod

He's a damn good coach too. His guys will run through a wall for him and he's sent a ridiculous amount of guys to the NFL

9. LawVol13

LawVol13 Chieftain

Agreed.

10. LawVol13

LawVol13 Chieftain

He's definitely worked with great guys and he's as good as it gets in recruiting. I just go back to the Saints players saying he wasn't worth much from a technique standpoint.

11. JayVols

JayVols Walleye Catchin' Moderator

It's more difficult than you think, really.

12. kptvol

kptvol Super Moderator

I get that its more complicated than run past this guy and tackle the guy with the ball, but I'd give linebackers and DBs the edge as far as the.mental level necessary to play.

Not implying that its easy to coach, either. Plenty of coaches aren't any good at it.

Last edited: Jan 11, 2012
  13. JayVols

Agreed. LBs and DBs are more eloborate, but if you don't have your linemen doing the right thing during a stunt/blitz, you get torched. I do agree that if you are going to have a less capable coach on staff because they can recruit, DL is probably the easiest place to make that tradeoff.

14. Volst53

Volst53 Super Moderator

Lard asses love to line up wrong when they get tired.

15. JayVols

And stand straight up with a giant bullseye on their chest. It screams 'hit me here and drive my ass like you stole it'. It enough to get one perturbed a bit.

16. volfanbill

volfanbill Active Member

the dumbest post in 8th history. If you actually believe this, you need to go hide under a rock for the rest of your idiotic life.

I heard a rumor from two different friends (who don't even know each other) that Shannon's demands included him not having a buyout if he were to go somewhere else and wanting an insane buyout if he were fired or released. One friend spends most of his day on VQ so I'm guessing that's where he got his info, the other I'm usually feeding info to so I don't know how he got it. No school in the world would agree to these type of demands. Could be a very good explanation why the talks with Arkansas a month ago with Shannon just ended as abruptly as our talks with him have.

Last edited: Jan 11, 2012
  17. LawVol13

LawVol13 Chieftain

It seems you're simply responding to Jewbacchah's speculation on a rumor with your own speculation on a rumor from a couple buddies. Don't see how that makes what you're doing any different than the poster you're calling out.

18. Jewbaccah

Jewbaccah New Member

Oh Ok...lol...

19. volfanbill

volfanbill Active Member

not exactly, but I wouldn't expect you to comprehend anything, you've proven your lack of that ability unless it's from the Hubbs' breathers. Jewbaccah actually accused Dooley of slander with no evidence. I just stated, with clear evidence that I called it rumors from friends who have no inside what they told me. But thanks for playing.

20. Jewbaccah

Jewbaccah New Member

:D

LMFAO

Clear Evidence is now typing that you phoned a friend...wait to be fair two friends...