Shannon to UT

Discussion in 'Vols Football' started by WM, Jan 5, 2012.

1. O+W=H.

O+W=H. New Member

So..

Knoxville says no.
    Miami says yes.
    Dooley is not even in state.

Looks like I spend the weekend with this unresolved.

2. Oldvol75

Oldvol75 Super Bigfoot Guru Mod

I have heard that two things will happen shortly:
    1. Randy Shannon announced as DC.
    2. Daniel McCullers announces he's a VOL.

Boy do I hope this right!

3. CardinalVol

CardinalVol Uncultured, non-diverse mod

If you are right we are promoting you to official "insider guru".

4. Oldvol75

Does that beat registered +????

5. CardinalVol

It will trump all.

6. O+W=H.

O+W=H. New Member

Card, I was just thinking that the internet turbulence around this story reminds me of the first days of the hunt for Holly..... nothing makes sense...

7. Volst53

Volst53 Super Moderator

"Bigfoot Guru" IMO

8. CardinalVol

Hopefully this will turn out different.

FYI - absolutely nothing new in that case BTW. Common consensus is the crazy ex-bf and his friends did it, but they can't prove it.

9. Oldvol75

If its true, "I would like to thank all the little people who made this award possible! But there aren't any, I did it all myself!"

Quote from the great Herman Munster!

10. Oldvol75

I'll take it! Sweet!

11. O+W=H.

O+W=H. New Member

All this talk about the best time to announce for national PR amuses me... we're the only ones that give a damn.... go ahead and tell us!

12. 615 Vol

615 Vol Chieftain

It's amazing the short memory that some people have wanting Chavis back. The guy has to be the most overrated assistant coach in football. Any of these defensive coordinators are going to look good with the talent on LSU's defense. The guy is not only overrated but refuses to recruit which makes him pretty much useless for UT, imo. Thankfully, he was never coming back and it's a moot point but just had to throw that out there since his name was actually mentioned.

13. CardinalVol

Done and done.

14. Oldvol75

My heart just grew 3 sizes!

15. O+W=H.

O+W=H. New Member

just saw this tweet copy/pasted from basilio website....

Bud_Ford @TonyBasilio Only 58 minutes until you can take credit for the Shannon hire...Love it Tony B. Tell the haters told you so.

----
    ?????

16. dknash

dknash Chieftain

In what should come as a shock to no one, not the real Bud Ford. Unless the real Bud Ford could be this candid: "@tonybasilio I totally understand why I am out Tony...a blind monkey could do my tasks. I've been stealing from UT for the last 10 years."

17. O+W=H.

O+W=H. New Member

I was more interested in the 58minutes line....

from the time stamp on the tweet, something would have to be coming out right about now to be accurate.

18. dknash

dknash Chieftain

Yeah, I think that guy was just trolling.

DocVol just reiterated what he posted last night, calling Shannon "unofficially official" and "done deal," FWIW.

19. volfanbill

volfanbill Active Member

Announcing on Monday does a little to splash into the news for the regular fan of UT, Bama or LSU, but it makes the biggest impact on the recruiting trail. That's why they do things like that

20. CardinalVol

Given the amount of totally bad PR recently, I can see why it would be done that way. Hopefully it's mentioned in the broadcast/halftime. Knowing our luck though, Shannon will change his mind over the weekend.