Shark Week

Discussion in 'The Thunderdome' started by Oldvol75, Aug 12, 2012.

1. WM

WM Active Member

Ha, mermaids are about as real as dinosaurs were.

2. cotton

cotton Stand-up Philosopher

It's back

3. cotton

cotton Stand-up Philosopher

[video=youtube;bhGV23y1zgg]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bhGV23y1zgg[/video]

4. Beechervol

Beechervol Super Moderator

Seal commercial is awesome.

5. limpleg

limpleg He gone. No, really.

my littlest one can't wait. He's been wearing his shark shirts everyday and he's got @ 10 of them.

6. OrangeEmpire

OrangeEmpire Take a chance, Custer did

This

7. limpleg

limpleg He gone. No, really.

and they still had to blank out the bite as to not offend peta

8. OrangeEmpire

OrangeEmpire Take a chance, Custer did

haha

offended by nature

9. wildnkrazykat

wildnkrazykat Well-Known Member

They're a swarmin'

10. Beechervol

Beechervol Super Moderator

That seal got poached from about 20 feet.

Bam!

11. lylsmorr

lylsmorr Super Moderator

Next week?

12. JayVols

JayVols Walleye Catchin' Moderator

Looking forward to the magalodon show. I can't imagine a shark more ferocious than a great white and a few times larger. Not much smaller than a blue whale. Scary.

[​IMG]

Compared to Great White teeth:

[​IMG]

I find these two animations pretty awesome:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Click on the above pic. It's hard to see the beast coming up from the depths on the left in that small thumbnail.

I can't imagine seeing something like that coming after me. It would be the embodiment of sheer terror.

Last edited: Aug 1, 2013
  13. wildnkrazykat

wildnkrazykat Well-Known Member

No wonder Jonah had room to hide out in there

14. ramblin

ramblin New Member

Seems a little later in the summer this year than it usually is on. Maybe our vacation was earlier this week, because in the past I have seen shark week then gone to the beach a couple weeks later. Standing in knee deep water looking around like there was something I could do if I did happen to spot one swimming my way. A few years ago I was out in chest high water doing some body surfing. Was walking back thru the water and someone's T-shirt was in the water and wrapped totally around my calf. I ran into shallower water and kicked my leg expecting to see a shark go flying off. Instead the shirt did. I decided to stay near the cooler and beer on the beach for a while after that.

15. utvol0427

utvol0427 Chieftain

Not a damn thing scarier than a shark swimming towards you in the water. I've never moved that quick in water than I did trying to get out of the water.

16. lylsmorr

lylsmorr Super Moderator

Hilton Head?

17. utvol0427

utvol0427 Chieftain

Yep, about 4 years ago. The lifeguard seemed to think it was a bull shark based on my description. It was 5-6 feet long and close enough that I could make out details and see its teeth.

18. lylsmorr

lylsmorr Super Moderator

F that. Bull sharks are some mean SOBs

19. JayVols

JayVols Walleye Catchin' Moderator

Last summer, North Myrtle Beach in Hog Inlet. I've fished this place in a jon boat for over 20 years. The tallest building on the water on the left that you see is the condo I stay in. I was there the week this happened, and we had gotten to know these folks as we floated by even before this happened. I came in a frog's hair 3 times of jumping in and swimming to a sandbar where my bro-in-law was catching bait minnows. Something kept telling me to not jump in. Luckily he finally stopped throwing the net and came to the dock to get me. That was 3 hours before the video and only about 150-200 yards away.

[youtube]ZcuYjDR2tSg[/youtube]

20. IP

IP Super Moderator

I always think about that when swimming in the ocean, but never had anything like that happen. That'd be pretty terrifying. I've only seen more mundane critters swimming with me.