Sharyl Attkisson Quits CBS; frustrated by Liberal Bias

Discussion in 'The Thunderdome' started by VolDad, Mar 11, 2014.

1. VolDad

VolDad Super Moderator

Mainstream news organization has a liberal bias - I am shocked!

But Attkisson's departure isn't entirely unexpected. The Washington Post's Erik Wemple reported last year that Attkisson had expressed frustration that many of her pieces on Benghazi -- an issue widely investigated by conservative news outlets -- didn't make the cut at CBS Evening News.

Politico said Monday that Attkisson decided to resign over "what she saw as the network's liberal bias."

Read more: http://www.upi.com/Entertainment_Ne...rks-liberal-bias/6911394501694/#ixzz2vggHCZl9

2. Dick Huffman

Dick Huffman Guest

My main issue with liberal bias right now is how 12 Years A Slave beat out American Hustle for Oscars. Smmfh

3. JayVols

JayVols Walleye Catchin' Moderator

You sheep can stick with mainstream media if you want. I rely on Ben to let me know what's really going on.

4. Dick Huffman

Dick Huffman Guest

I hate when the tin foil cuts my forehead.

5. JayVols

The secret to avoid that is to put a stocking on your head prior to the foil. No cuts.

6. syndicate

syndicate Well-Known Member

This was the person that the CIA hacked her computer, right?

7. JayVols

Thanks Obama!

8. Unimane

Unimane Kill "The Caucasian"

I have yet to see American Hustle, but I thought 12 Years was fantastic. I have to wait for most of that stuff to come out on video, so I'll get to Hustle soon. Next up is Dallas Buyers Club.

9. JohnnyQuickkick

JohnnyQuickkick Calcio correspondent

use kroger brand tin foil like i do

10. Dick Huffman

Dick Huffman Guest

Hustle is on par with Goodfellas.... Perfect. DBC is one of the best films I've seen in a decade.

11. The Dooz

The Dooz Super Moderator

I saw four of the nominees.

1. 12 Years
    2. DBC
    3. Hustle
    4. Cpt. Phillips

I'll get to the others, but that's my thought right now.

12. IP

IP Super Moderator

It must have been conservative bias that prevented them from reporting on the 60 deaths from embassy attacks in the 8 years of the Bush administration.

13. VolDad

VolDad Super Moderator

I remember a lot of reports of car bombs and attacks outside consulates, nightclubs, bars, embassies, etc. Are you sure that they were not reported at the time or are you following some liberal talking points?

14. VolDad

VolDad Super Moderator

By "conservative bias that prevented them" are you referring to Fox News? Fox News has a conservative bias; I will readily admit to that. Yet supposedly intelligent people try to claim the others aren't.

13 Benghazis That Occurred on Bush's Watch Without a Peep from Fox News.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/bob-cesca/13-benghazis-that-occurre_b_3246847.html

Last edited: Mar 12, 2014
  15. IP

IP Super Moderator

I remember the Benghazi attack being reported as well, but no in-depth investigations on any of these other attacks looking for a way to pin it on the Sec. of State. No 60 Minutes specials that later had to be retracted. Or are you just following some conservative talking point? I mean, 60 is more than 4. Many attacks is more than 1. But THIS attack is due to negligence while the others weren't even worth mentioning? Probably not a good avenue of discussion to bring up "talking points," VD.

Last edited: Mar 12, 2014
  16. Dick Huffman

Dick Huffman Guest

This shit again, guys?

17. IP

IP Super Moderator

And yet the liberal bias of CBS was so strong as to release a discredited story that looked into the attack much, much more in depth than any of the attacks that killed a total of 60. Huh. Really liberal biased. Or did you forget about the CBS 60 Minutes report that was a boon for the GOP, but found to be false in several key details?

http://www.cbsnews.com/news/cbs-asks-lara-logan-to-take-leave-after-flawed-benghazi-report/

18. bigpapavol

bigpapavol Chieftain

this made no sense.

19. VolDad

VolDad Super Moderator

Which attacks do you view as similar to Benghazi?

20. VolDad

VolDad Super Moderator

If you do then you remember it being reported as caused by a Youtube video.