Simmons and ESPN part ways

Discussion in 'Sports' started by droski, May 8, 2015.

1. kidbourbon

kidbourbon Well-Known Member

2. kidbourbon

For buttchugging?

3. NorrisAlan

NorrisAlan Founder of the Mike Honcho Fan Club

No, for cleansing the shit out of everyone's *******s.

4. kidbourbon

...or buttchugging.

5. IP

IP Super Moderator

Gah, you are the rising star poster. Scrapping e'erywurr now. I like.

6. hatvol96

hatvol96 Well-Known Member

How's your boy Daryl Moron's analytics working in the playoffs? Good to see the world working as it should. Hipster trash like you watching your meaningless heroes burn. Maybe you can rep Simmons in his unemployment hearing.

7. hatvol96

8. hatvol96

Poor baby, he lost one of his heroes. Wait til nobody buys Gladwell's next shitty book.

9. hatvol96

So, he invented the documentary. Damn, I underestimated Clam Chowder Travis.

10. hatvol96

Shut up. College boy and balls deep are going to tell you and I how business works. Stop interrupting them.

11. hatvol96

Of course not. You're immune to logic.

12. hatvol96

Irony.

13. hatvol96

If Grantland exists in six months it will further prove Simmons is worthless.

14. hatvol96

Expert testimony.

15. NorrisAlan

NorrisAlan Founder of the Mike Honcho Fan Club

The way I see it, if he was making a ton of money he could have said Goodell was the bastard child of Ruth Buzzy and the village idiot and he would have been kept on. What is the old saying "winning is a great deodorant"?

When you are an ******* and making no money, you are going to get shit canned. If you are the greatest guy in the world and making less than even, you might be kept. But lose enough money, and you get shit canned.

But the money thing is either a good reason or a great excuse to get rid of you. Either way, the guy is gone. Frankly, I believe sportswriters have gotten a huge ego over the last 20 years and I would love to see the whole lot shut up for a while.

16. hatvol96

Give it up. It's not about money. It's about ESPN silencing the voice of balls deep's generation. It's a [dadgum] tragedy.

17. hatvol96

Should be in the archives with your coronation of Dana Holgorsen.

18. IP

IP Super Moderator

And at the end of the day, he was making 5 million before this right? And will undoubtedly command a seven figure salary at the next stop. Pretty crazy. Every college newspaper in the country has at least one guy or gal that can write something compelling, I'm not sure how this particular position got so over-valued.

19. kidbourbon

Or you claiming Larry Bird was average.

20. kidbourbon

Yes, 5 million before this.